Midodrine Brand Question

TaraMc9

I was wondering what brand of Midodrine people have had success with. When I was put on the Mylan brand, I completely relapsed & could barely get out of bed. It took 2 years to figure out that was the problem. I am now taking the Global Pharmaceutical brand, which works great for me. Unfortunately, this month I was informed by CVS that it was back ordered. Luckily, I tracked some down at another pharmacy. In the meantime, I wrote to the manufacturer about the issue & today, I received this response:

"Please be advised that we are currently in an extended out-of-stock position on all strengths of the Midodrine HCl tablets. Unfortunately, there is no release date available at this time. When production is underway and our inventories have been replenished, we will begin shipping through the wholesale channels as soon as possible. Please have your pharmacy check with the wholesaler within the next few months to see if the product is available. Thanks for your understanding and continued support for our products."

I have enough medication to get me through this month, but I have no idea what I'll do next month. Is anyone on a brand that they feel works really well? After my experience with Mylan, I'm nervous to try another brand, as I've been doing fairly well recently, but I guess I have no choice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

Mylan I couldn't swallow, and it never felt as strong as the previous kind I could take. I've been getting partials of my kind now that I get from cvs (not sure what brand, it's the tiny blue pill one), but I usually do have enough to make it. I also have a bottle of 5mg that I have as an emergency (last bit of an old script, I had it filled three days before they switched back to 10mg), so I have a bit of a "stash" just I case of a more prolonged issue getting my main script filled.

I'm really nervous if I have to go back on Mylan, not just because it doesn't work as well (my opinion), but because of the swallow issues. I tried even cutting it before, and it just fell apart, so I ruined several pills before I gave up. I'd prefer to not have it stuck in my throat :)

Hi, this question may relate to mine in this recent thread: http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/26340-midodrine-backordered/

I'm actually not sure what brand I'm currently taking, but it might be the Mylan because they are thick, hard to swallow. They are a white pill, with an "m" stamped on top. These are the ones I was able to get as a stop-gap from a CVS (not my usual pharmacy).

I was happy with previous pill that I had been on since first starting this med and I'm still confused about what is going on with it. My pharmacist suggested getting my script rewritten for 10 mg to cut in half (I'm on 5 mg dose) because he still has those in stock. Ugh.