What's Your Emergency Kit?

Batik

I wear a medical ID bracelet which says "Booklet in bag / Severe ME/CFS / (partner's phone number).

Handbag (this fits into even tiny bags): a tube of Nuun tablets, a third of which are the Kola flavour which contains caffeine. When I get breathless, the caffeine helps as it's a bronchodilator. A small snack or two, generally a packet of Sesame Snaps and/or a nut bar. This gives me immediate glucose as well as more lasting energy with protein and such. I used to put a 200ml carton of coconut water in, but these days I'm just carrying the Nuun tablets, as I don't tend to end up somewhere where I can't get a glass of water. A little resealable bag with a few meds in. Sometimes I carry an electric hand-warmer as well, not that I've got around to using it yet, but my best friend's house is freezing and it's been great in the past. I also have two pages of A4, folded down into a transparent plastic A7 pouch, which have all my essential medical details, including diagnoses, meds, explanations of various things like the lesser-known conditions, what to do with me if I'm in hospital or if I collapse, a pain scale. Mostly that's useful to fish out and hand to a medical professional for an ordinary consultation, or to show to new support workers so that they know more about me, or a massage therapist, but in emergencies, it's really essential. I can't move or talk when I collapse badly, I need something to explain matters. People tend to be surprisingly grateful when I hand it over, I've had ambulance staff thank me profusely.

Also I have an extra £20 tucked into my phone case, just in case I forget to top up the cash in my wallet, but that's more of a bad-memory thing.

I have a medical ICE widget on the home screen of my phone, as well as on the lockscreen for when I use that. Similar basic medical info, plus three emergency contacts.

At home, I make sure that I have a regular supply of small snacks and Nuun tablets, and keep the snacks on the shelf my handbag goes on. I also have an electric heated blanket, which is good to huddle under when I'm exhausted and freezing. There's an extra copy of the emergency booklet pinned to the inside of the front door. I have a community alarm service emergency pendant, which I wear on my worse days if I'm at home alone.

On my old iPad, I had a video for people to watch that explained my conditions, gave my doctors information and who to contact. I really need to make a new one to place on the new iPad, with updated information, now that I think my condition is fairly stable. I keep a card in my wallet that has allergies, meds, my POA information. I usually have a few salty snacks in my med pouch, a bottle of water is always in my purse, and I also have a bag with my picc line information and extra flushes, alcohol, face mask in it.

I need to get a medical alert bracelet, but haven't been able to afford it yet, or figure out how to word things on it.

If you don't subscribe to a service, medical id bracelets are very cheap. Mine was £12 for the engraved tag, I think including international shipping, and then I made the bracelet myself. You can get basic bracelets cheap too. Very much worth it, I don't think people know to look on your iPad without something directing them there.

Great posts and gives me some ideas. I always travel with at least 16 oz. of water, my pill case that carries 3-days' worth of all of my medications and supplements, nuts and fruit for snacking (I'll bring a whole meal with me for longer errands or journeys), a small salt container, and I used to carry a list of meds/conditions/emergency contacts but I need to update that.

In my car: Many bottles of water, salt tabs, powdered electrolyte to add to the water, protein bars, chap stick, lotion, some other medication, bengay, paper bag, plastic bag, extra clothes, wet wipes, sun glasses husbands cell phone number taped to my console to call.

I get hot and sweaty so in the summer I have a cooler of Ice and salt to add to it, ice packs, extra socks,

Some years I have to bring paper underwear for uncontrollable GI issues. (Need I say more?)

At work, I have all of these things depending on the season or indoor conditions.

Interesting to see how this is different for people who are able to get out and about more. A couple of you mentioned chapstick: is that just a thing you happen to have in your bag (so do I), or is there some emergency POTS use I'm unaware of?

Klonopin pills

gatorade zero

antihistamine plunger

effexxor

a way to get out of heat fast, anywhere anytime

nose drops, sleep apnea

bilevel cpap

potassium mega pills for periodic paralysis

magnesium, folic, vitamin b,

testosterone, DHEA