New To The Forum And Introducing Myself

Christina1995

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and i would like to introduce myself. My name is Christina and i'm 19 years old. A half year ago i decided to join this Forum, i never posted anything.. Untill now... Cause my friend told me you guys are really welcoming and nice. I live in the Netherlands and in my opinion Dysautonomia and Pots are here so unknown... That's why it took so long before i got a diagnoses. I've been struggling really hard with my stomach,colon,small bowel,Heart rate , blood preassure and kidneys the last couple of years. I'm hospitalized for 14 weeks now. It has been a really difficult time cause i got 3 surgery's, 2 sepsis, and i've been treated with total parenteral nutrition.. Now i can eat again on my own, but there's a change i need to get back on TPN and because of all the sepsis TPN is not a good option for me... But in the mean time i try to study. I've always been really positive and that's the most important thing when you're into these kind of problems. Besides my ilness and study i like to spent my time with family and friend, and though it may not be easy i still think i will get through this... I always tell myself everyday i can do this..

So this is a little about me, if there are any questions tell me okay? I saw the most of you guys are really positive and i really like that. That's how it's supposed to be on a forum like this

Hi Christina welcome to DINET! Im glad you decided to join our forums! There are so many knowledgeable people around here and like you mentioned our community is very welcoming!

I sincerely hope you will be able to leave hospital next week and that you will get some answers. I know in the Netherlands we are beyond the USA re dysautonomia treatment and testing so all our hopes are in our friends across the ocean. Together we can make it!

Hi Christina,

Welcome to our community! I am so sorry that you have been through all of this at such a young age. But, I believe you said it best....being positive can take you a long way and will make all the difference in how things turn out for you. You are so brave!

Take care and keep us updated!

Katie

Hiya Christina! Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have been through a lot and you are right....what we say to ourselves everyday does make a difference. For instance, through this illness, I am becoming a professional patience finder, a professional compassion archeologist and a professional assertiveness compass builder. Lol! Many well wishes coming your way!

Welcome aboard. Hope you feel better soon and find some answers you need.

Hi Christina, welcome. Its a great forum, has helped me a lot. I am in Australia, I often feel not many know of my conditions either. Sounds like u have been thru a lot. But at such a young age. You have a great attitude. Nice to 'meet' u

Hi Christina! Sorry I'm chiming in a little late on your post, I just wanted to tell you that you have a great outlook and that the positive energy you put out there will make a difference :)

I'm sorry to hear about everything that you are going through, you seem very strong and like you are doing a really good job handling everything. We make some pretty good listener's though if you ever feel like talking more..

Hang in there.. I'm happy you've found us!