Shoulder Pain

dancer65

Hi every one

I am fairly new here and I have found this forum so helpful and comforting, so a big thank you to you all for sharing ! it is nice to know that some of the things I am experiencing are not in my head! It has taken many years to get diagnosed and I was beginning to think I was going mad!

I have experience shoulder pain from between my shoulder blades up to the base of my skull for a long time which often progresses into a migraine, however this last week I keep being woken up with excruciating pain in my shoulders (deltoid muscle area) and across my collar bone. I can only describe it as though someone has put my shoulders in a vice. I have to get out of bed and move around for the pain to subside which takes about half an hour. I have over the last six months noticed considerable loss in arm strength, pins and needles in my arms and the veins pop in my hands which I know is common in POTS but this shoulder pain is new.

Can anyone relate to this?

Thank you in advance :)

I have shoulder pain in my right shoulder constantly to varying degrees. I use tiger balm patches to help with the pain. I try to keep the pain level down as it can cause my head pain to increase. Haven't seen a doctor about it as there is always so much to see a doctor about. Let me know if you learn anything about it. I think it would help my head pain to treat it but just guessing about that. Good luck!

If it continues you should probably see a doctor. Could be a pinched nerve in your neck. I saw a neurologist and he ordered an MRI which showed degenerative discs and stenosis. I had horrible pain and am still left with numbness in two fingers. I should probably consult a surgeon but am terrified of surgery!

Have you injured your neck recently? Been in a car accident. It could even be from sleeping in a weird position. I had no reason for it but just woke up one day in horrible pain.

Best wishes!

Count me in, but I do have chronic migraine and diagnosed cervical spine instability and EDS....so who knows what it is from. I also experience quite a bit of numbness in all 4 of my limbs. I am actually now being tested for hypercoagulability syndromes as we can't get a handle on my migraines or the positional numbness in the limbs.

Thank you for your replies :) No I haven't done anything out of the ordinary to cause this.

I have read about magnesium deficiency causing all sorts of symptons including headaches, muscle pain. I do make electrolyte drinks every day because of the water intake diluting the minerals so maybe I will try taking a supplement as well. I am really having a bad week, I had been feeling a bit better after my Dr doubled the Florinef dose, I know you all understand the frustration a downturn brings!

Are we allowed to post links for info ?

I have so much to learn so thank you for your imput