Has Anyone Tried Ella's Eating Plan?

TCP

I have been modifying my diet in recent months and I am strictly vegan, no sugar, gluten or processed foods. I have stocked my cupboards with gluten-free flours, apple cider vinegar, tamarind paste, nut butters, seeds and nuts etc. I also start meals from scratch. Mum has been great helping me as I cannot do very much in the kitchen. I think things are beginning to change with my health and I will add supplements again once my body has adjusted fully. I already knew that dairy upset me and as it can cause inflammation in the body, I was glad to drop it. I was also suspicious of gluten as I know that it can harm nerves. As my nerves are inflamed all over my body, I thought it best to cut it out of my diet. I know that sugar is bad as it ages the body. I've never been a fan of eating meat, so that wasn't an issue.

Has anyone else worked on this diet? I was also inspired recently by 'Deliciously Ella' blog created by a young woman who had POTS and was very ill and got herself well through diet. It may not work for everyone and I am by no means cured. It took Ella 18 months before she realised she was well enough to come off her medication. I used to be on a similar diet for 11 years and then lapsed and soon after the worst of my symptoms developed. I wonder if there's something in that?

http://deliciouslyella.com/

Thanks TCP for the link, I'm trying to address my diet more. Probably finding gluten the hardest to cut out. Plus, cant afford to lose more weight. Keep us posted how ur going with it.

I too read this. I am %100 percent gluten free- From lip products, shampoo, medications- everything. I can't remeber if I went g free in 2009 or 2010.

Now I can have dairy and other foods with no issue at all.

I wanted to mention my food story because it's less restrictive. When I read about Ella, I wondered what was making her feel better and I wondered if her extreme diet didn't need to be so extreme to have results. For example if I had gone dairy free and gluten free initially I would have felt better and assumed that I needed to stay dairy free. In my case, gluten was the culprit and once my gut healed I was able to eat lots of other foods with no problem.

It's really hard to be on a very restrictive diet and wouldn't want someone to give up on gluten free too soon.

Thanks so much for sharing this! Diet has helped me more than anything else IMO.