My Grocery List. What's On Yours?

Bigskyfam

It's really bad when I go shopping or make a list for a family member to go and at the top I write my supplies... V8, eggs, cheese sticks, powerade zero and pretzels... I should get a memo pad with this already stamped on it. My hubby is rocking it today and picking up the powerade I forgot yesterday when we did a supermarket sweep. Horizontal day. Hope my employer understands. Genetic testing. Results are back for eds... Appt fri for results.

it depends on if I'm on solid foods, semi solid, bland, not bland, doctors appointments, or home all week. My usuals are some sort of fruit (sometimes don't know what until I see what's on sale and speaks to me essentially), cheese (I love cheese), sometimes some meat of sorts, pasta, soup and... Pickles. Oh my word, the pickles. I have come out of the store with four types of pickles sometimes. Once a month I buy a case of bottled water, and a couple packs of Gatorade for sodium help and for carrying with me.

I'm currently craving potato soup. Guess I need to go and make it, but currently just too tired.

I went gf free 2 years ago when I was really ill and they couldn't fit me to any positive diagnosis and I was told we will see how this developes, they thought it might be Lupus. Within three weeks a lot of my symptoms became milder and the energy levels improved. A year ago we moved into a house that needed completely renovating and the diet slipped, big mistake on my behalf, I became really ill again five months ago and I could hardly get out of bed for two of them. The florinef has helped me get to a point that I have enough energy to tackle the preparation this diet requires and I am on my third week.

I am seeing a slow improvement I am back to work and I am starting to rebuild my exercise regime, my cardio really needs work but I am taking baby steps as I have been exercise intolerant, not easy as exercise is my job, my teaching skills have been tested to the max!

Yes we live in a rural area, always buy our salt it in bulk!

I always buy Bolthouse Farms Chocolate Protein shakes because they taste great, I can get them down when nauseated, and they have 30g of protein. They have been a great help for me. When I first got sick, I went from 115 pounds to 94 pounds in less than a month because of an inability to eat. These protein shakes saved me from an NG tube. Also, Gatorade and pickles are definitely on the list. :)

Stefanie

Thanks guys for great ideas.. I'm going to add a few to my list. Ginger ale today. A bit queezy. No work for this girl today. Hoping to get soup cooking for dinner. Chinese takeout left overs for lunch. Enough sodium there. :)

Looking forward to summer and having potato salad with pickles in it. Just can't do plain pickles