Has Anyone Tried Fitbit Charge Hr Yet?

artluvr09

I am so excited that the Fitbit Charge HR finally came out! I have never owned a fitness watch and have been wanting one since august 2014. I just haven't found the right one that had everything that I wanted. Finally this watch does! I wanted a watch that showed distance, calories burned, and heart rate! Other watches that I thought were good for me they required a smart phone which I do not have. This one you can sync to your computer which is much better.

Has anyone bought a Fitbit charge hr yet? If so how well does the hr monitor work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHEuLcG6kwE

found a great review on the Fitbit Charge HR. Hopefully I typed the right link in and it should take you to a woman doing a 7 minute review about the Fitbit charge hr. It looks great! If its not the right link let me know.

A lot of the reviews say it's dire. I'm swithering over whether to get it or the Flex. My HR is a lot more stable now I'm on ivabradine and oodles of antihistamines, eerily stable in fact, and the main things I was interested in were keeping my activity levels well-paced for the ME/CFS, plus sleep tracking. But then yesterday I was taken to A&E with an allergic reaction, first collapse of that sort in years, and naturally my HR went shooting up, thus reminding me that hey, it might be useful after all. But then another point is that I'm 4'11 with accordingly small wrists, and the Charge HR sounds a bit on the chunky side. Someone else with my wrist size said the top part actually stuck out on either side.

Aaaaand I just asked folks on Amazon who've bought it whether it's comfortable if you have 5.5" wrists, and the answer is No, it's way too big and the way it sticks out on either side is really unpleasant. I reckon that in another 6 months or so, there will be a decent selection on the market, and the manufacturers will have ironed out the initial kinks. What is it with tech being released when it's really still in the beta stage? I remember when netbooks came out, the early ones of those were really hit or miss as well.

That does look nifty, though again, it may be a bit big on me. Have you tried it? I'll keep an eye on the market, and we'll see what happens when the Microsoft Band reaches our shores. All this is making me even more sure that waiting for half a year or so will result in getting something far better.

One Fitbit Charge HR sitting on my wrist! It's reasonably comfortable, but it does have gaps on each side, and it does look a little bulky. I'm not sure what's going on with the HR tracking. I was checking it repeatedly last night while attending to my pouncing duties with the cat, and my HR went up from mid-60s (my resting HR; I'm on ivabradine so that's very stable these days) to 105. However, once the graph showed up, which shows 5 minute averages, the highest it had apparently got was 85. I'd have thought my HR was staying above 85 for more than 5 min, but perhaps not. Since it doesn't show the spikes so typical of POTS, I'm not quite sure how useful this is going to be. It's nifty otherwise. Also it only shows asleep and awake, unlike the Flex which shows asleep, awake and restless, so there's less going on with the sleep data. I made the mistake of sleeping with the Charge HR on my non-dominant wrist and the Flex on my dominant wrist last night, and apparently I move my right hand around a lot more than I thought, so I will have them both on the same wrist tonight.

Edit: aha, if you long-press the button once your HR starts going up, it'll go into Workout Mode, and save an average for every minute, instead of every 5 minutes. I put it on about 5 or so min after I got out of the shower, and my HR was 111. No wonder I feel so bloody exhausted from showering!

It's harder to get a decent graph for the HR, though. It's the only one that doesn't show up on your browser dashboard, apart from the "workouts". It does show up in the app, but depending on the size of your phone/tablet, that'll be tiny.

I'm getting the hang of it, and it really is big on me, but I think it may be worth keeping.

ETA 2: ah, no, it's definitely faulty. I put on the Workout Mode, went for a walk with the cat, checked my HR a few times and saw it up in the 70s through to the 90s, and when I came back, the graph for that particular "workout" (1 min averages) showed that it was going up to 105. This is fine. My general graph had it going up to about 97 (5 min averages), which also makes sense. What went wrong is that the workout graph suddenly changed, showing it all well under 70 and an average of 59, with 0 steps and N/A distance (despite including four flights of stairs). After a ridiculously long time on the phone, mostly on hold, with Fitbit, the guy looking into it is meant to be ringing me back, since it is not exactly free to call from the UK. Hopefully he really will call back. I do like the device. Maybe it's worth waiting until it comes out in colours - er, has the bugs ironed out.

I was wondering if any of you know whether or not the Fitbit requires the use of a chest band in order to track your heart rate. Along with POTS, I, also, have EDS. The chest bands on normal HR watches leave bruises and sometimes leave blisters. I am looking for a better alternative that is also accurate enough to tell me when I am pushing too hard and need to dial back when exercising.

Stefanie

No chest band, no, and that appears to be rare. Apart from having a faulty one, I really like it. I've discovered that I took more steps today pacing on the phone to a friend than I did the rest of the day, which included going out for a walk, and it's been really revealing to see when my HR changes. I think it's measuring my HR accurately, it's just having problems sending the data, which is why I got a graph which looked one way at one time and completely different half an hour later. I have a mast cell disorder with very sensitive skin, I've been wearing it for about a day now, and I'm fine so far.