The Sweats!!!!

dizzyallie

Hi everyone,

I have a question for you all, how many of us have problems with daily sweating? This symptom is new for me, started about a month and half ago and is really awful on top of all other symptoms. Yes we are in summer here in Australia but I sweat regardless, even in cool air conditioning. Any ideas to help this? I am upping my beta blocker propranolol to 20mg but hasn't helped so far :mellow:

Isn't it awful? On top of everything else, our internal thermometer's have to be broken as well! ^_^

I'm not sure I have much to offer that is overtly helpful either.. It gets really hot and humid where I live in the summer's and I rarely leave my house. If I do it's to go to the doctor, or to lunch, the movies, my support group, a friends house, anywhere with air conditioning, Sorry I couldn't help. Like gjenson mentioned, maybe someone else will be able!

Sarah

I am so sensitive to heat! I don't drip sweat I get clammy. I cant stand the heat when it is like 72 or higher indoors. I like it 67-69 degrees indoors. If I get hot my face gets all red, I get lightheaded weak and just don't feel good. It frustrates me when my parents have the pellet stove on because it gets 80 degrees in the basement where we hang out and watch tv and then in the kitchen its 75 and sometimes I have to sleep with my window open in the winter!

The sweating is awful. I have learned to dress in layers during all seasons as I could need to stand outside in a tshirt in 20 degrees, or, be bundled up with hat and scarf when I'm in my heated house. I start sweating in the shower even in Luke warm water. I hung a wall mounted fan near my vanity (which is where I dress, brush teeth, etc. after showering) so that it helps lower the amount of sweating right after my shower (just gross.) I have purchased ice packs that came with belts that can be strapped around my torso so I can spend a little time outside when the weather is warm. Some people invest in cooling vests, which are expensive, but I have heard good things about them. I spend a little more money on undergarments that have moisture wicking fabric close to your skin. I use spray antiperspirant on my feet. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I'll add another post if I remember anything.

Thankyou all for the replies. We are in summer her in Australia, so hot and humid but I am in air all the time. Like you Sarah I barely leave house, not well enough to - especially in warmer weather.

I get very clammy too artluver,not dripping sweat just clammy all over. Again this only started early december after 11 yrs being unwell. Kind of at a loss. Must be the symapthetic nervous system momtoguiliana - my gp said same thing. I just wish there was some treatments to help.

Ta guys, Allie x

Have you tried Clonidine? My son has high noreprinphrine levels. He does not go outside much because heat bothers him but night time sweating is horrible. He takes the extended release form and this has stopped the sweating problems at night time. Don't know if this would help during the day time but might be worth asking your doctor about.

I hear ya katybug, showering then sweating is literally the pits. Sounds like u find it very difficult staying cool. Ice packs outside is a good idea. Might try it. I'm upping water intake Sarah but dunno if its helpin. Haven't heard of clonidine looneymom, sorry your son struggles with it too. Will mention it to my gp next wk. Thanku again guys x

There is a cooling towel that a friend of mine gave me for Christmas. She said it works great for her hot flashes. I will try it next summer but right now it's cold here so am dealing more with Reynauds type symptoms currently.

I remember earlier in the disease process I was sweating a ton but it seems to have calmed down most of the time for me. I'm on so many different meds and supplements now though that I don't know what has helped it. Sorry!

Hope you can get some relief.

I have a problem of not being able to sweat anymore, which is a huge problem because now I can't cool off at all. I only get "moist" under my breasts and very slightly around the base of my neck, and that's it! I really feel that they need to figure out the auto-antibody thing out in their research, as I feel this is why I am not able to sweat anymore.

HSN sells a line of cooling towels, wrist bands, baseball caps. You wet them, snap them 3 times (the snapping activates the evaporation process). They do work to some extent. I can't think of the brand name right now. They sell the same brand at Bed,Bath, &Beyond too. I think the towel runs about $20US. It doesn't make you feel wet or make your clothes damp.

Chaos, I'm glad your sweats have somewhat settled down. Yes its hard to know what's helped after a while. I agree. I'm sorry you don't sweat anymore sue, that would be just as problematic. I have read it can go either way. Bodies are so annoying, I'm surprised they work at all.

Hi Sarah- Here is a link to a type of cooling towel.

http://polarbasics.com/

There are other brands available as well online and in stores. Can't recommend a particular brand as I haven't really used it yet, but a couple of my friends LOVE them.

Ta Sarah will have a read.

Beyond dysautonomia, i'd google other correlated triggers to rule them out.

For example, LEAKY GUT (permeable gut syndrome) can coincide with POTS. When i drink decaf, on an empty stomach, i begin to sweato profulsely. This is very similar to an allergic reaction.

Check your medical combinations. Many of these meds or anti depressants can certainly cause sweat.

Make sure you stay hydrated. Electrolytes.

Your diet can contribute. Have you had allergies tested?

A sensitivity to hot/cold can trigger things. I tend to run hot, but i do break out in these sweats sometimes.

Personally, I have used Klonapin to great advantage over the years without addiction issues, as needed. This can handle a flare.

Google "leaky gut" and im sure you'll hit on a correlation.

Hi everyone,

I have a question for you all, how many of us have problems with daily sweating? This symptom is new for me, started about a month and half ago and is really awful on top of all other symptoms. Yes we are in summer here in Australia but I sweat regardless, even in cool air conditioning. Any ideas to help this? I am upping my beta blocker propranolol to 20mg but hasn't helped so far :mellow:

Thanks for the tips guys. Msy have elements of leaky gut, then again probably have elements of lots of things when I go looking. Had allergy test this morn so we ll see. Will look up klonopin.

Sure is annoying Stefanie, some days r worse than others...like today...and a wk of above 40 degree celcius here in Aust this week!!