Red Rash Post-Shower

griffism

I was wondering if anyone on here has experienced a red, splotchy, flat rash over their entire body or at least most of it when they are finished with a shower? I always have this type of rash after i have taken a shower, but it usually goes away within just a few minutes. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it could be? My thoughts are that it could be a heat rash or an indication of a potential mast cell condition on top of the POTS.

Stefanie

wow! I have something similar! I don't know if its the same but my mom and I have no idea what my rash is or not. I have had a rash starting in October and its still here in January and spreading. It starts out as a small flat either red or tan circle then the circle gets bigger and I keep getting other patches Most of them you can't see until after my shower and I get a lot more round patches. They don't itch but its weird. gets worse when im hot or after a shower.

Yep. Just had them bad the other day. I get livid red patches on my chest and neck, sometimes they are itchy. I'm told they can be very sharply demarcated. I sometimes get them outside of a post shower context, like when I'm hot or under orthostatic stress for whatever reason (upright and talking too long, overheated, underhydrated). I've had coworkers point them out from across the room.

After showers, I also have something that looks less livid, not itchy, but pink-red and splotchy on the upper, inner sides of my knees, extending a little up my thigh. This area is where I had a tendency to get a petechial rash for several months in a row some years back (a mystery what caused that, never did figure it out). I wonder if there's something up with the capillaries in that area. I'm not carrying a lot of extra weight, so I don't think it's that things are really rubbing together hard there.

So that's it for my post shower red spots. I do have a fairly large number of contact allergies, although the few tests I've had for mast cell issues did not support that as a diagnosis.

Yep I do. Red blotches which feel hot to touch like sunburn does. They don't itch but they do feel very warm especially if I have clothing over them. I tend to get them more if I have a cold or at that time of the month. I always have them after a bath or shower though.