Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Praxxtor

Anyone With Pots Without Dizziness/lightheadedness?

I feel like I'm the only one? My biggest gripes are my eyes and digestive system. Would it make sense that POTS can cause issues elsewhere without causing dizziness? It's odd because there's such a huge emphasis on dizziness, as if it's almost a compulsory symptom. Anyone in the minority like me? Also I've got a weird symptom at night when I try to sleep, my chest area is freezing and because of it I can't fall off to sleep. Anyone have any ideas?

It could be possible, there is a spectrum of symptoms for autonomic dysfunction. I always thought that with POTS one of the main features was that blood would pool in the extremities when in an upright position. The heart tries to compensate for this hence the "tachycardia" in POTS. Blood pooling causes less blood flow to the head and brain and therefore I would assume most people with POTS have dizziness. Although possibly not everybody I think there is a poll on this board somewhere asking what symptoms we suffer. Do you still have tachycardia?

It could be possible, there is a spectrum of symptoms for autonomic dysfunction. I always thought that with POTS one of the main features was that blood would pool in the extremities when in an upright position. The heart tries to compensate for this hence the "tachycardia" in POTS. Blood pooling causes less blood flow to the head and brain and therefore I would assume most people with POTS have dizziness. Although possibly not everybody I think there is a poll on this board somewhere asking what symptoms we suffer. Do you still have tachycardia?

Thanks for the reply Digby. Exactly what I thought too. When I had my autonomic testing done I was told that the results were perfectly clear "no question about it" POTS diagnosis. Although when asked why I don't experience dizziness they sorta dodged the question. You see they automatically assumed dizziness was my main issue but when they asked they were surprised to find that in actual fact it was something else completely lol! Yes I do experience Tachycardia and they are always really forceful beats. They make me shudder with the unrelenting force of each beat.

Praxxtor, what does your TTT results look like?

I am mainly curious about what your BP and pulse pressure looks like upright.

You're not the only one. I have little dizziness also. I do have blurred vision and very high heart rate, especially in the mornings. I feel breathless as if I'm trying to make my tea while running on a treadmill but not really dizzy. It's doesn't feel good though, it feels like I can't get enough air. My worst symptom is toe / feet sweliing and burning when upright and blood pooling in legs, plus recently headaches.

My resting heart rate is 50-55 rising up to 120s in the mornings. In the late afternoons and evenings it's down to the 80s standing and high 40s lying down. But I mainly don't look anymore, it only makes me feel more panicky. I check it every now and then in the hope it's improved, not so far....

I'm also diagnosed with Neurally mediated syncope but haven't fainted since Aug 2013 thankfully. I did have dizziness when all this started but it's improved even though the numbers are the same. No idea why.