I feel like a lot of people stop coming here when they start feeling better, so I thought I'd pop in and maybe provide some hope at least for those with a similar diagnosis.

After being diagnosed (secondary POTS, venous insufficiency, possible adrenal insufficiency), I was just told to increase fluid and salt and wear compression stockings. Within a week of doing those things, I felt dramatically better. I haven't really tried going back to the gym yet though. A little nervous for that, but I'm at least able to get my chores done. I almost can't believe that just drinking more water/Gatorade has much this much of a difference. I still have bad days of course and times when I have to sit down for a minute or times when my heart is racing a little too much, but my doctor (Cleveland Clinic) told me not to let that get to me because that will just make it worse. I try to focus on what I can do to make the next day better. While POTS is certainly not caused by a negative attitude, I've been learning how much power a positive attitude can have.

I sincerely hope that all of you are able to find a way to manage your symptoms and live a life that makes you happy.

So wonderful and encouraging to hear!! I wish you a steady progress, back to full health!!!

Just one question: You mentioned venous insufficiency - did I get you right that this condition is underlying your POTS?

I have a high risk for venous insufficiency from my maternal line, detectable back to my great-grandparents; no doc ever ever tested me for it, nor did the POTS docs mention a possible connection with POTS. But maybe....?

I was not told specifically that venous insufficiency is the underlying mechanism. I don't have a whole lot of information about it either, but I know that it's been discussed before on these forums so you could try searching for it.

I was not told specifically that venous insufficiency is the underlying mechanism. I don't have a whole lot of information about it either, but I know that it's been discussed before on these forums so you could try searching for it.

Ok, I see - so what kind of information did you get concerning your underlying cause? As you mentioned that you have secondary POTS.

My neuro wants to check for adrenal insufficiency, but she also said that more testing wouldn't really change my treatment at this point. I have low blood volume because I wasn't drinking enough water, so I'm sure that is also a contributing factor.

Basically, we're going to see what happens with the lifestyle changes and if it isn't better by my next appointment, then we'll consider finding a cause.