DELETE

All of the above; but as I'm receiving treatment, I'm doing better. I was down to 100 pounds, but since on Fludrocortisone to balance fluids and electrolytes, I gained 5 pounds in a day!! My appetite has increased. I used to be nauseated all the time, but now since my vertigo is somewhat better, I'm able to eat more, too.

As per usual, I don't lose weight, I gain it. I've gained 30 lbs this year - don't eat much - very distended abdomen - gastroparesis - plasma exchanges with necklace graft have caused my face and neck to balloon - many broken blood vessels on my chest and arm - now creeping up my neck and in my face, nose, and forehead - I know there's a reason and purpose for it all - if anything, it has helped me focus on what is truly important: character, integrity, and kindness. Fleeting beauty and fickle fashion are soon gone but, real compassion and caring never fade.

I often have deep dark circles around my eyes. My roommate and parents can almost tell me how I feel based on looking at my eyes and the color of my skin which becomes a deadly shade of gray when I'm having a bad day. Of course, there are many shades of that gray. My weight gain has been out of control but that is mostly due to the many drugs they've had me on which are all known to cause weight gain. I do get extra distention in my abdomen when I get abdominal pooling. Due to my sudden onset of extreme allergies to everything (literally), I developed an allergy to most makeup. I've found makeup I can wear on special occasions for 4-5 hours without blistering my skin. But I used to never leave the house without makeup. Now I rarely wear it....talk about a blow to a girls vanity! Geesh! And I can rarely use moisturizer due to the allergies so my skin looks like leather even though I've taken good care of it. My legs swell due to venous insufficiency from my EDS so they are even fatter proportionally to the rest of my overweight body. I also cut my hair short because I can't always stand long enough to care for the long haired me. It all makes you do some soul searching about what is important and take stock of your better personality traits to make sure your humanity is up to snuff.

Dark sunken, panda eyes, yes. Also more visible veins and the blotchy skin...

I think the big gross veins are the biggest thing for me. I get some crazy blood pooling in the form of bright red skin and a splotchy rash, and the veins just stand out. It looks like zombie skin. My hands get red, swollen, and super veiny. I think pushing fluids/salt is partly to blame for the vein bulge. I also seem to have developed permanent spider veins in my feet which are new to me. So, I've become religious about compression stockings to protect my vasculature.

Dark circles under my eyes and dry/itchy/splotchy skin are the biggest for me. Already had both from allergies but now they're way worse. Yay for under eye concealer!

I actually looked horribly sick for the first year - underweight, super pale, glazed over eyes. I overheard my cousin tell someone I looked "like a Holocaust victim" which was really upsetting. But I look much healthier now so there is hope!

Also to everyone mentioning a bloated stomach, you might wanna consider food sensitivities. I can get mine to go away by cutting out certain foods, even if they don't necessarily make me feel worse.

gjenson - I've assumed the dark circles are from poor circulation but I don't really know. It's often allergies for some people but not so in my own case (I think). I do use concealer if I have to be seen but that's not an option for you, I guess :)

Xrobin- I hate the veins, not only because of the look but also it's very uncomfortable when they are really super-dilated. Mine disappear when it's cold and then pop out in the evenings whatever the temperature. It really is a visually weird and scary symptom, although l'm getting more used to it.