Headache Questions, Can't Differentiate Between Pots Symptoms And Possible Something Else?

yikespanic

Hello,

Been off Dinet for quite some time but know you all are here when I have questions or just need a friend who understands to talk to. I have been having a three day headache, along with pain where my head meets my neck in the back, and achey joints and of course the lightheadedness. Does anyone else get this neck pain? I am so used to feeling not well and so many strange symptoms sometimes I just can't tell if what I am experiencing is just another POTS symptom or something else and I get scared its something terrible.

Kim

Hi Kim,

I have chronic migraine and c-spine instability. I do get pain at the base of my skull as well as down my neck with my migraines. I know this is normal for me. If this is new for you, I would encourage you to call and speak to your doc at a minimum especially since you have achy joints as it could be something more than the headache. Don't panic as it could be something simple like the flu but it should be checked out if it isn't normal for you. Get well soon.

Have you been bitten by a tick recently? When I had lyme disease a couple years ago I had no idea I was bitten. I had a headache for 3 days knee pain and achiness. I had a high fever as well then the rash showed. lyme disease can be tricky to spot if you don't see the tick.

No have not been bitten recently. I had it several years ago went through a year of antibiotic treatment. It had gone up diagnosed by cleveland cliniic for almost two years as they kept sending me for everything from inner ear problems to neurologists to check for ms even a psychiatrist! They sent me to a rhumatologist who diagnosed me with POTS, had all my POTS testing at Cleveland Clinic which confirmed POTS . during this time I met did my own investigation on my symptoms and took it upon myself to go to a Lyme knowledgable Dr in a neighboring state and after a western blot test was diagnosed with Lyme. Went through a year of treatment and travel. Became a patient od Dr Grubb who believes my POTS is a result of my Lyme going untreated so long. It's hard to know who to believe when it comes to all you read and hear about Lyme, the one fear I have is that it can lay dormant in your body and come back at a later time. I don't want to go through it again.

I don't remember being bitten either but do have an idea when it happened. A family member has a farm and there are always ticks in the grass. We always found some on the dog and had to pick them off. A few weeks before I got sick I remember finding a huge one on my dust ruffle of my bed and assumed at the time it was one I missed when I checked the dog before coming home. I bet it's the one that bit me! She has since gotten chickens after an Amish neighbor told her they are great at eating them in the grass.