Fast Heart Beat In The Mornings?

artluvr09

I've noticed that some mornings my heart beats strong and fast and you can see it pulse in my neck. The mornings it does this I tend to not feel well. Like it happened this morning. I woke up and I just walked down the stairs like usual and I felt and heard my heart pound in my chest. Then my heart kept beating fast and you can see my pulse in my neck move strong and fast as well. I have been feeling weak and tired with these episodes too. Sometimes I get clammy with them as well. Does anyone else get this? I have no idea what causes it.

Also I am wanting to get a fitness watch that tracks both heart rate, calories burned, my walking speed, and how many miles I have walked. Does anyone know of a watch that does all those things?

Yes! the pounding gets annoying! I will try the water thing when it happens next :) and corina: thanks for the watch tip! I am looking at polars and they all have great reviews :)

I often get tachycardia ( rapid heart rate) first thing in the morning. I immediately drink fluid, as much as I can handle with out feeling sick...sometimes get nausea with the tachycardia. Next I make sure to put my prescription compression stockings on. I usually try to do some calf pumps to pump the blood back up to my head when I get lightheaded. Must activate the nervous system or something? My guess is that individuals with POTS lose fluids more easily than the average person. This results in becoming dehydrated and which causes tachycardia, feeling lightheaded and fatigue or excessive sleepiness in the am. I usually get up several hours before work because depending on the day it can take hours before my body adapts/ adjusts.When it's bad I often have to stop what I'm doing and lay on the floor. I also take Moadfinil which is a stimulant to help my system wake up. Sensory stimulation can also be helpful. If I've had something stress me in the morning ( like realising I woke up late) it seems to help subdue my symptoms temporarily at least.