Update On Rehab And Living Along Anxiety...

Becia

My toilet triggers me, lol. Flushing that thing sounds like a jet engine going off, and the first time I used it, I screamed and jumped a mile high from my wheelchair.

Such a small town that no online supermarketing, but luckily if I can get a ride, there are two tiny stores here that I can pick up things from. Prices are a bit higher, but for little things, they are handy. I do want my meds to be mailed to me, because the pharmacy here doesn't keep stock of the more obscure ones, like mestinon and midodrine.

Aside from the lights bothering me a bit, and how I cannot control my temperature very well in here (I've been freezing, it's a tile floor, and Ohio is apparently hitting fall and winter early, it's chilly outside, and we are not very well insulated here either), it's coming along. Found out unless I get a land line phone, I cannot use the med alert system. Can't afford it at the moment either really, but there are charity groups that might help with cost, but I can't afford landline phone at the moment.

It's not much, but it's home for now. Still can't wait to get to the other apartment complex, where if I needed milk, it's right down the block, and there's an ice cream shop across the street. It's hard to be frustrated when having ice cream, especially may favorite raspberry chocolate chip.

Today I was evaluated for in home physical therapy, and had a great dude doing so... His daughter has POTS, and has seen Dr Grubb! For once, I wasn't crazy and someone totally understood how my body works. He even highly disagreed with how my previous therapies have gone down, same as I did. "You don't have to stand to do things, but you do have to be conscious!" Given how extreme my hypermobility is, he said it may not be exactly safe for me to be walking right now anyways, since none of my joints seem to be in place, and after having me stand to show his I'm transferring to bed, he watched and winced as I moved. Its common to me, being this flexible all my life, buf apparently its not good. We are working on a program to strengthen my core and hip girdle muscles as best we can, because just moving my legs up in bed, he saw first hand my hip go out. What scared him more was that I could put it back in without help. Yep, everything just way too loose.

and good news on apartment front... I had been hoping to get into a different complex, one closer to friends who help me, church, store and the such... Found out I am next in line! Don't know if handicapped accessible will be what's avalible, but its one usually reserved for older adults who use scooters and such, and I'm hoping the doorways are wide enough for my chair in the normal apartments. Will see when my time comes up at least. I'm tempted to say yes and just crawl around if I have to. Just being able to step out for a gallon of milk on my own means a lot to my desire for freedom and independence. And will be only two blocks from church as well, so I can go back to working media and praise band stuff as my body lets me. For my mental health, even though moving is stressful, I think this will be the best thing. Closer to those who can help me if need be too.

trying to avoid unpacking too much, but did get my fish tank moved yesterday, and that has helped me so much. I had missed my fish, they are my therapy when stresses and triggered, they are my babies. After me and my friend managed to re setup tank, they are happy in their environment too. One was trying to bite and then hide yesterday, lol. I'd missed nibbles even, lol.

once my new wheelchair gets here (one that I don't have to reassemble three times a day like the one I got last week) I might be set for awhile. Rough few days physically, with the stomach flu on top, but I might be on the mend. I guess I will see what the next few days hold.