Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
friday7

Sick Again

Hi. does anyone else have decreased resistance to colds and such? Seems like I go from one virus or infection to the next. I have a time where I feel pretty good for a while. Start thinking of maybe even trying to work, then bam I'm sick again...and no it's not psychological..lol I was actually looking for a job this past year. Not easy to find the hours I need though. I was volunteering which was nice. And even driving. But then I get sick and I feel so alone. It's been a few months now. I start to feel better and then something else happens. I have a hard time now not feeling negative. I know I felt better before and If I feel better I'll think differently but right now it's so hard to see that I'll get well again.

On top of that my therapist of fifteen years just left me. that was hard enough to deal with but then I caught a cold and it just went south after that.

How do you deal with it? I've tried to find a support group but they're always so specific. There's no POTS groups out there. :( Or even just chronic illness.

I don't have any friends or family I can talk to. And when I'm sick with something catchy it's just easier for the family to stay away. My aunt was going to come over last week but I'm sick so she doesn't want that.

How do you keep positive? I'm trying but it's so hard.

Wish I could give you some tips. I think several on the site get sick fairly easily. Strangely at the beginning of onset I never got sick. Not even my usual cold sores, colds, etc...a couple of years in I started catching things again. thought it might be a good sign,ha! ha! Grasping at straws.

Wish you could find a support group. But if nothing else just share with all of us!

Try to watch a funny show to take your mind off things, laughter can't hurt.

Just know you are not alone with your struggles.

Stay strong!

Try to watch a funny show to take your mind off things, laughter can't hurt.

Just know you are not alone with your struggles.

Agreed! I found a great quote a few days ago: (paraphrasing) A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.

Knowing you're not alone really helps alot too! Especially when I am flaring like I am now, reading others' stories of how they are feeling the same crummy symptoms is comforting (in a twisted way, LOL you know what I mean!)

Ok a few things :

My biggest recommendation is to just be a hygiene freak. Don't touch your face unless you've just washed your hands! That's really huge if you can pay attention it to - most people touch their faces a ton each day without thinking about it. Also get some Lysol and wipe down the most touched areas of your house (kitchen areas, door knobs, remotes) a couple of times a week. And wipe your phone down every day.

There are actually some POTS support groups, though not super common. Have you looked in your area? Can you post which state you live in? You could also try joining one of the support groups on Facebook - people post a lot and it may help you feel more connected to others in a similar situation.

Hi,

I was much like angelloz in the beginning and stayed thst way for years - could not catch a cold. Although I often felt like I was getting the flu only to have that feeling pass after a few hours. Now I get sick with just sbout everything that is going around. My little granddaughter started in childcare this year and nearly every time she catches something I get it too. I was not like that with my two older grandsons - it was like I was immune to any bug they bought home from kindy.

blue....who distracts herself with reading, cable tv (especially comedy) and writing. It helps.

thanks all for the replies. not feeling up to replying myself right now, but i wanted to let you all know i read your words and i thank you for the support.