Low Egfr?

Friedbrain

I try to be consistent with my blood work in irder to be able to compare results longitudinally. When I have a choice, I get it done in the morning, before food and pills. Therefore, I can see a pattern of consistently low EGFR. As in 53 last year and 59 last week, both below the 60 cutoff for kidney disease. I don't have kidney disease but it does make me wonder why. I *do* have problems producing urine in the middle of the night and early morning, some times much worse than others. I used to think it was my bladder function, but then i started wondering if I just wasn't making enough.

New digging is making me think -light bulb- that the abnormally low EGFR and low production of morning urine are related. But WHY? Liw blood volume or low blood pressure at night, the kidneys hold on to water (is my newest understanding). And/or in response to "stress", the body produces more aldosterone, or more adh can hold water, too. Not producing enough urine is worse when I don't take my steroids at night.

Any thoughts? I'm pretty sure I'm finally on the right track but can't quite see the connecting dots yet (and don't get me started on how arrogant and unhelpful my urologist has been). Anyone else have these symptoms/problem?

Thanks for thoughts!

No fried. I haven't had this but I wish I could help many folks have talked about renin/aldosterone connections to pots. I believe this has to do with the kidneys but I haven't been able to have those tests or really understand them. I believe it does have to do with fluid retention though and the kidneys. Sorry I can't be more help!

• 4 weeks later...