Rowing Machines

LTCBL

I own a Concept II rowing machine. I bought it used off of craigslist. They are quite pricy new, but you can usually find a good deal used and I'm told they pretty much last forever. Concept II is the go to brand for people who actually row. I don't really know much about other brands. I started rowing at cardiac rehab, and I liked it so I ended up getting my own. I started basically as slow as you can go on the rowing machine, they go by watts at cardiac rehab, I believe I started at about 10 watts. I would do 10 minutes at a time. Now I pay more attention to my heart rate than the watts, I would guess I'm doing about 30 watts, but I still do about 10 minutes at a time. It can be very exhausting. I do try to mix in upright exersice though, I found when I don't I get more dizzy spells.

My husband got a concept II also, on Craigslist, used... I see a theme here. I can't use it b/c I have nerve injuries that are healing, but it's a great machine. I also have had an inexpensive recumbent bike (was 175$ new, incl shipping). I loved my bike, but sold it when I moved b/c it was too heavy for me to move it.

I love the rowing machine, and use it regularly at the YMCA. It helps me to stretch out my back, because my muscles are so tense all the time, especially my shoulder area, and lower back with an injury in college. My friends picked me up and dropped me on a cement bathroom floor. :wacko: