Breathless At Night

Friedbrain

Follow up on a thread from last week regarding experiencing breathlessness at night-had another (milder) experience Wed night and made some observations I wanted to share (along w some new thoughts). I was lying there in bed feeling like I was very still. For some reason, I recognized the stillness as being weird so tried to induce anxiety, and COULDN'T. No reaction except then I started feeling like I was out of breath! (Fwiw when I first tried to put this into words for my dh, I couldn't, but later it came to me that that's what I'd been trying to do-create an emotional/physiological reaction, which I couldn't). I think that that is significant but not sure what it means. My autonomic nervous system was less responsive? But my breathing reacted, leaving me hyperventilated? Anyone help?

And during the night, I kept being jerky-reactive to stimuli such as my dh's sudden movements and when trying to sleep which, in the past, I've associated hypothetically to a hyper responsiveness to adrenaline (caused by startle as well as a drop in Bp).

Here's the newest twist-I discovered that my blood EGFR is below 60, and other blood results suggest maybe a problem w acidic blood. The two bad episodes in the past two weeks were BOTH after working out in the evening and not other nights. Working out increases (lactic)acid, I believe...and if my body isn't removing acid successfully, cod that contribute to greater autonomic dysfunction? Anyone know?

I don't have global kidney disease that I know of fwiw but I do have urinary problems that fluctuate depending on time of month.

Thank you for thoughts!