Appointment Today...

Thanks so much everyone, it great to feel there are people who understand and care.

I managed to get to my appointment which was a good thing, but unfortunately the consultant I saw was SO unhelpful. She was really polite and friendly which is a plus, but the only thing she really seemed to want to tell me was that there was no cure or help for any of my symptoms because there haven't been enough studies done.

She also said that there are only two medications that can be used for POTS/EDS, and I'm sure that that is not true!

She wouldn't think of anything that would help my abdominal pain and nausea, she just seemed to think I should accept it as 'normal for me'. I do kind of think of it as normal for me but that doesn't mean I don't want something to help it.

She had absolutely no new ideas and didn't really tell me anything I didn't know already. Oh dear, I guess I'll have to wait and see if she will do anything about getting my other doctor to refer me to a gastroenterologist.

I guess I'll just have to try and remember the positives of the day, I managed to get to a take-away for a quick meal afterwards and I got some good information about something I was interested in from a member of staff I spoke to at the hospital. So it wasn't all a bad day, but I really wish that doctors would think about what they would like if it was them!

Thanks again for thoughts and prayers, and sorry for the little rant!

Lyla

Hi Lyla, that is so disappointing and frustrating! I have an appointment next week in Sheffield at their 'POTS clinic'.

I'm hoping to get some information on Ivabradine as a replacement for Propranolol.

I hope that's not where you went, if it is I might not bother as it's a long trip for me.

Are you taking any medication at the moment?

Barbara