Earning?

Hi Lyla,

I think several people are working from home, some have business jobs, some started their own website selling stuff like their art work ie. or stuff they don't need anymore. When I was in the UK last week their was an item on the tele stating that esp people who sell stuff tend to forget that they need to pay tax on the income they get from selling. nEven if you don't sell you need to inform taxes. I can imagine that could go for the US as well!

Anyway, I like this topic and hope others will chime in with their ideas! Oh and just a fyi, please be aware that soliciting is against our forum rules!

If you have things you can sell, crafts, jewelry, furniture, food, baked goods, art work, sewn items, etc., there is a website called etsy.com that allows you to set up a "shop" and sell your wares. I don't sell on there but I do shop on there. There's great stuff.

I have a list of other sites that you can make money on from home that I've been meaning to look into. I'll have to dig it out and see what looks legit and post them.

I started trading Tech stocks as I worked in IT previously and spend all my time nerding out over that stuff anyway,on bad days I can work entirely from a smartphone(LOTS of reading/researching) when I cant be at my workstation (which is also modified),fair warning though it can be risky if you don't have a fair idea what you're doing,it can also be a stressful when things are on a downswing if you tend to be a worrier .

Andy,

Can you give a brief explanation of what you do?

Thanks

Katie

Basically, you take items from amazon, put them on ebay copy and paste and up the price to make a profit, minus the fees etc. Eventually you have hundreds on items listed and make an income.

Its easy and I find it fun :) Theres a bit to it which is why theres a course and a team but its not hard to do!!

I have been considering the same. I have been trying to figure what I could be good at, what I could enjoy, and what I am able to do. Before I became sick, part of my hobby was propagating plants. I have been trying to get the process more automated, and considering trying to sell a few here and there. I am looking at the possibility of a part time effort. A little extra. I do not feel comfortable making a serious commitment right now.

Andy,

Can you give a brief explanation of what you do?

Thanks

Katie

Basically, you take items from amazon, put them on ebay copy and paste and up the price to make a profit, minus the fees etc. Eventually you have hundreds on items listed and make an income.

Its easy and I find it fun :) Theres a bit to it which is why theres a course and a team but its not hard to do!!

And you make enough at this to live on? Or is this supplementary to Disability or welfare?

Good thread, OP! I've been wondering about this topic myself!

Arts and crafts seem to be the most common where people have websites or sell on Etsy/Folksy/MISI etc. Some people sell via Facebook pages. Lots of art and crafts that anyone can do, like knitting, needle felting, jewellery, painting, crochet, embroidery, eco-dyeing, pyrography etc and so forth.

Some people I know proofread, take in sewing, write blogs (adverts pay), make cards and crafts. I used to make jewellery and also paint.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...