Had A Wierd Sensation Like I Was On An Elevator

artluvr09

an hour or two ago I had a weird sensation that I was on an elevator or the floor moved or something. or like the floor moved up and down I had that weird sensation then felt hot afterwards. bad brain fog today as well! anyone ever get that weird elevator sensation? I was not even on an elevator at all recently!

Some times when I actually do get off an elevator, my body keeps repeating the "landing" feeling for a few minutes afterward. I have to stand still or sit because I can't walk when I am "landing" every few seconds. Lol. Floor 9.....accessories....Floor 8 .....women's loungerie.....floor 7 ....men's suits....floor 6......Dear Lord...."

I first experienced this when I was 16. I'm now 58. I often feel like I' m still dropping wh

en the elevator has stopped. But it can happen to me when I am just standing anywhere. I react - jolt - and brace my legs instinctively/involuntarily. If on a train, after the train has come to a stop I will often feel like i am still moving forward for a few seconds. Many times when I have been on an aeroplane I will continue to still feel the sensation of being on a plane for hours afterward. Weirdly, i can often still hear the sound one hears while flying, also for sometime afterwards. I used to have to go to sleep to stop it. I no longer get on planes as despite all the precautions i csn take i now crash for badly (bedridden) for dsys and days afterwards. It is not worth it. I do experience vertigo at times, and I am a chronic migraineur.

Blue

• 5 years later...

I've been having elevator like symptoms for a year now on and off.  It definitely feels more like an up and down motion than a spinning vertigo motion.  I'm a regular drinker but not to the point that I am hungover in the morning. It seems to corollate with drinking, bright lights lights like in grocery store, and crowds of people.  Most people assume its anxiety, but my heart does NOT race. 

• 4 months later...

Have any of you ever had vestibular testing? I have had had the feeling like the floor is moving out from under me and the dropping elevator feeling also. I went for vestibular testing through my neurologist and it came back positive for vestibular dysfunction in my left ear. It can affect vision too. your vision can get blurry. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, Super_tachy_1 said:

I started having constant dysequilibrium and elevator sensations like this 9 or 10 years ago along with general fatigue, brain fog, and a feeling of disconnectedness from my body - I  was pretty sure I was dying lol.  It turned out to be an inner ear issue - the official diagnosis for me was/is vestibular migraine.  

And What did you do about it?

I get this feeling frequently too, it was actually one of my first symptoms of POTS. I would be sitting there watching tv or reading a book, and suddenly it was like I was fainting and falling to the ground but I was perfectly still, or dropping in an elevator, like I was falling and moving towards the floor but everything around me was staying where it was even though I felt like I was falling down down down. It would scare me so much I became afraid to leave the house. 

It’s kind of like when you are on your phone and you scroll down the page, except everything around me was the page and my eyes and body were scrolling down without me moving. It would really frighten me because it felt like presyncope and sometimes I would yell out or scream because I thought I was going down. My dr claimed it was vertigo but I’m pretty sure it was transient drops in blood pressure or low iron. When I’m really anxious and flareing it happens more frequently too. 

• 4 months later...