Stress Related To Dysautonomia

sweinbe6

Yep yep yep. Good stress too, not just bad stress. Laughing too much, having too much fun? Time for a symptom flare!

I guess the answer is...try to manage your stress as best as possible (of course!) Find time to pray, meditate, whatever works for you. Find time for quiet activities that make you happy. Spend time with your loved ones. If you're married or in a relationship, cuddle with your partner (physical contact is great for stress relief). Exercise if you can (also great for stress relief, though it seems to make many of us worse). And if you feel overwhelmed, try to focus only on what's immediate and under your control. One of the biggest lessons POTS has taught me is to only worry about the things that really matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used meditation for many years that helps a great deal.

Depaak Chopra makes many relaxation tapes that you can listen to while you are commuting.

His tapes really are very good instructions for how to meditate.

I have found that if you do not reach a true meditative state that it is not as effective, but still helpful.