Lost My Beloved Three Legged Friend:(

kay1964

Words are so hard to find to describe my max.He was a resue. I'v had him since he was 8 weeks old.His legged was injured beyond repair, local vet called asked if I good take him.and of course I did.He was a boxer with a tail and his ears still and we left him that way.I'v talked of himin one of the post on the forum, because he was one of my coping skills for my illness with dsyautonomia. He was so in tune to me.everytime I cried whatever he was doing hecame over and had to stay beside me until I was done, even then he would whatch my eyes intently to make sure I was ok.about a month ago when I was by myself I fell and was very disoriented and when I came to of max was there whining, agin watching to make sure i could get on my feet. Every nite he laid at the foot of my bed, on his bed, watching my many trips to the bathroom, always raising his head as I walked by stumbling by, whatching me the whole time.I whatched my beloved max die having my morning coffee and water.he was laying agin besides me and died of heart attack.it happened in four minutes, while I heard him take his last breath.my beloved max was 9 years old.so thankful I got to have him for the time I did. He will be so missed. He was gentle, he loved children, he was funney, he was loving, but most of all he was mine.love you max:(

Tammy,

I re-read that and cried both times. I'm so incredibly sorry. It's amazing how theraputic our animals can become, because they always love us no matter what we are going through.

It sounds like as a rescue dog he was incredibly lucky to find you, and you to find him. He had a great life because of you.. time heals and he'll be in your heart.

You are in my thoughts!

Sarah

Thank you, I know time will be my friend but today my pain of loss, is great.Me and max had talks he was going to out live me.I know that sounds crazey, but my illness and symptoms have brought me too such pain and helpness that on bad days I felt my time is limited.My max's comfort is what pulled me through.Suppose to go to Dr Grubb, in sept don't know how my mind can focus. My family is grieving as well and they like me loved him so much.agin thanks for taking the time out to express your condolence on my loss.

I really feel for you. I had a lovely bullmastiff who passed about a year ago and I still cry when I think of her loving spirit. We had great talks as well.

We just got a Mastiff who came into our lives with a great underbite and I swear she works on comedy routines to spring on us daily. I think my bullmastiff helped us find her.

I pray for healing of your heart. I know how difficult it is. God Bless you and God Bless Max.

Hi tammy Kay

I am really sorry to hear of your loss of your dog, Max. When our dog had to be put down years ago I experienced grief that overwhelmed me at times. Our pets are so dear to us, such grateful comforts who never criticize us in any way. True unconditional love. My thoughts are with you.

blue

• 2 weeks later...

Tammy Kay,

It sounds like you were both lucky to have found each other. I am so sorry for your loss. It is amazing how much love and support our furry babies can bring to our lives, and it is such a difficult thing to go through losing them. Sending you hugs and good thoughts!!!!