Up And Down Heart Rate

lfreem02

After two years of Dysautonomia systems, they were finally manageable, not great, but I could function. I was in a car accident a couple of months ago and suffered whiplash and strains in my back. Since then some of my symptoms that had finally gone away came back. My heart has been "ticking" as my Cardiologist puts it. It beats hard, and I can feel it during the day. I have a watch that shows my heart rate and it has been going up from around 72 to 73, 74, 75, sometime skips to 77, and then drops back down 76, 75, 74, 73 and then back up and down with each second. Has anyone else experienced this? I am taking 50mg of Atenolol at night. It makes me too sleepy to take it in the morning and at night. I know my doctor would tell me to take 25mg at night and in the morning.

My HR does that. I really don't worry about it. But I don't know if it's anything to worry about or not?? I'm just glad mine stays below 100!

On the atenolol--- My doc told me he had a list of bb's that we could go through till we found one that I could tolerate. I tried atenolol, acebutalol and then settled on betaxolol. Maybe you can call your doc and see if you can try a different bb.

Have you tried taking 25 at night and 25 in the morning? Maybe that would make you not so tired? But check with your doc to be sure.

My HR can fluctuate all day long and most of the time it feels quite fast in my chest. If I relax it often wobbles, and sometimes stops before firing back into action. Most times it's around 85-95 and then zooms up to around 125-140 when moving around and by then it is pounding.

I thought it was normal for heart rate to jump around a bit. Front 73 to 77 sounds normal to me. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I am far from a medical expert. But I've sat with a pulse reader monitoring me during hospital admissions and seen that pattern and I just thought it was normal. I still do.

Perhaps someone with medical qualifications can set this straight for us?

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with renewed symptoms, l free.

Blue

Mine goes up and down without a clear pattern of how high or low. I used to measure with a blood pressure cuff so did not realize how much it fluctuates. the nurse in one of the doctors office used my finger meter to prove to me that everyones does this and hers stayed at 71 perfectly, and standing up. I did not know someone could have a standingcvpuse this low.

My pulse has been running as high as 121 in the morning and 113 in the evening but as I said bouncing. It is always higher in the evening than the morning.

Thank you for the replies - I had not noticed it doing that before. I was sitting down and my heart rate felt a little off, so I checked it. The changes were every second. I just checked it, and it is staying steady at 71-72. Maybe what happened was a good thing, and all of the other times it has been not beating correctly ; )

Watches that give you your HR and pulse oximeters (like I use) are very sensitive and will fluctuate with the smallest movements, or deep breaths, or even if you swallow while wearing it. they're not going to be as precise as the monitor you might see at the doctors office/hospital so as long as it's not going 60 to 84 to 57 to 112 i think the small fluctuations are not worrisome :)

Hi there

My heart rate fluctuates greatly when standing still but is very stable when walking or lying down. It seems to drop or increase 5-20 beats every few seconds. I do find it symptomatic to be upright. Why would my heart rate be so unstable? I've had family wear the same monitor and their heart rates are far more stable with a small variation of 1-4 beats. Thanks for any help

Watches that give you your HR and pulse oximeters (like I use) are very sensitive and will fluctuate with the smallest movements, or deep breaths, or even if you swallow while wearing it. they're not going to be as precise as the monitor you might see at the doctors office/hospital so as long as it's not going 60 to 84 to 57 to 112 i think the small fluctuations are not worrisome :)