Stress Test Tomorrow-Would You Wear Compression Socks?

dkd

How did the testing go? Do you know results?

No results yet. I did better on it than I thought though.

The very first one I did a couple of years ago, prior to dysautonomia diagnosis, was inconclusive because as soon as I stood up, my HR went to 135 and it only took a few minutes of walking to get to my target HR of 175.

Yesterday, it only went to 100 when I stood and took several minutes to get to my target--10 or 15 min. So, I guess that's a good thing. I was worried that it would be like the first one because being off my beta blocker yesterday, when I got out of the shower my HR was 140. That made me realize that I really need the beta blocker to keep my HR down.

Maybe I'll hear something today??

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there. My dad has had this test done. It's not too bad of a deal. He would rather do it than the walking or biking test. If my memory serves me right, you are laying down and they give the medication through an IV. It's good thing they did the EKG. Sounds like your doctors are trying to take care of you and figure out what's going on.

dkd,

Hopefully you won't have a long wait for the test.

We are all different of course, but I just wanted to share my experience (with the hope of being a little reassuring :)). I have NCS and pots too. I also had ECG changes and my doc was quite sure that I had cardiomyopathy based on my stress test. I had another echocardiogram and then a stress/nuclear medicine test shortly after, that both ruled it out. My personal feeling is that my results would 'look' different every time, even though I don't have the waxing and waning kind, but just because of the crazy and ever changing illness that this is.

I hope everything goes well for you. Please keep us updated.

Thank you. I'm not sure whether I read it somewhere or a doctor told me, but a lot of women can have a bad regular stress test, but the nuclear is ok. I'm not too worried about it. I had a pulmonary function test once that said I had possible neuromuscular disease and I was all upset and the repeat test was perfectly normal. So, I'm trying to not get too upset about this either until I know the full picture. I'll let you all know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the nuclear stress test yesterday and I heard back from the tech today (not the doctor--a little disappointed in that).

My ekg changes were still abnormal when I did the treadmill part, but the nuclear imaging of my heart was normal. All areas of my heart were getting blood flow, so no heart damage-yay!!