Cleveland Cinic Update

Darlene

dr. browing and her NP spent almost 2 hours with me. she had me do labs before i left: ganglionic nachr antibody, hgb a1c, basic metabolic panel, cbc + platelet, iron and tibc, protein electrophoresis with interp, protein elect rnd ur with interp. i go back august the 25th for more testing: tilt table test, qsart, neuro cardio autonomic reflex w/wo tilt and i will be seeing a dr. that specializes in mastocytosis.

for those of you who have gone through the qsart and cardiovascular autonomic reflex test at the cleveland clinic, what is it like? one girl who went through the cardiovascular autonomic reflex test said they just do step 1. I hope cause the other steps sounds scary. and she said the qsart is like bee stings.
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/diagnostics-testing/cardiovascular-autonomic-reflex-test.aspx

Wow! Sounds like someone is going to help you figure out what's going on with your POTS. Happy for you. My son had the Qsart done at MAYO but he never mentioned that it was painful. So will they call you on your other test results or will you have to wait until you go back for your next appointment. I always hated waiting on test results for my son. Glad the appointment went well and sounds like they are going to be great with getting the testing done.

I agree with gjensen, the QSART feels like little ant bites. It's just mildly uncomfortable. I also just did the first step of the reflex test. Apparently the results of the first part indicated that I didn't need to do the other parts. It was pretty simple. I just had to blow into this tube thing while hooked up to a heart monitor, breathing monitor, and beat-by-beat blood pressure monitor.

Yes, the QSart was not bad at all. I think the apprehension of the shock was worse than anything. Once they show you, you will realize that it is very tolerable.

I also did the valsalva test. No biggie. Just blowing into a tube while you are laying down. You do have to blow fairly hard. Very doable. The tech I had is named Narkeytah and she is super nice. She explains everything nicely and if you have any questions, she will answer them. She even did my thermoregulatory sweat test and she helped me tie my paper bikini top because I was having trouble. Ha!