British Study On Pots And It's Impairment

• 2 weeks later...

This group is doing some great ANS research. Here's a link to a YouTube video that Julia Newton (from the above research group) did which explains why some of us might feel better with exercise and some of us don't.

While it's labeled for ME patients, her group's focus is largely on understanding the connection between ANS abnormalities and ME so it's very relevant to us. If you check out the link on YouTube you'll see that there are several other ones she's done there as well which are also interesting.

I really appreciated the last two paragraphs... acknowledging that we're very sick, how debilitating this can be and that some of us (I'd argue many) don't get better, some get worse. They highlight the need for better treatment, increased awareness and a focus on finding out what causes this. I don't like when articles portray POTS as easily manageable and benign. This one didn't do that.

Thanks for sharing. Good video with useful information.

Thanks Arizona Girl,

I liked this paper. It does, as Ramakentesh said, mirror a lot of what we talk about on the forum. Just one example: That some of us can exercise and some of us can't. And that they don't really know about prognosis.

Plus hopefully this paper is a sign that the British medical system is catching up when it comes to POTS. I've read quite a few times posts from Brits who say that they don't get much respect or treatment for POTS. I'm in Australia and 8 years ago when I was diagnosed with POTS I remember typing POTS and it's name in it's longer form into the search engine and almost nothing coming up. Thankfully, this is no longer the case.

blue