Celebrex: Does It Help Your Pots?

Just wondering if anyone else out there has found Celebrex helps with their POTS. I was first taking this due to intense pain from osteomalacia caused by low vit D. As the pain improved I lowered the dose and then stopped it. But every time I do this my tachycardia is really bad. Then it improves when I restart it. Taking it morning and night seems to give me days without symptoms. I can still trigger the POTS but my baseline seems better.

Has anyone else experienced this effect on Celebrex?

• 2 weeks later...

Although I am making some other changes to my own medications for symptoms now, and do not want to test more than one thing at once or cannot tell what does what, this seems easy enough to test. How long does it take to work, what dose do you take, and does it lower the heart rates, improve symptoms or both?

I don't know anything about Celebrex, but you may want to Google it to see if there are withdrawal symptoms. Even if tachycardia isn't a withdrawal symptom any kind of change in medication can cause a POTS flare up. I've had to taper off my meds over weeks/months even though my doctor said I could do it right away. Of course consult with your doctor or pharmacist on all of this.

It seems to help symptoms and lower heart rate. But at high doses it can irritate the stomach...and for me that means mast cell irritation and worse symptoms. So I take it if more if I am doing more like going on holiday etc and want to be ok but I can't seem to use it long term. :(

Tyler was tried on this medication. It made his heart race. This reaction started within 24 hours.

Not completely related but I know there are some drug studies going on now testing the combination of celebrex and antivirals in fibromyalgia patients. The ME/CFS community is watching it closely given how many overlapping patients there are between groups and given how many ME/CFS patients have POTS, it may certainly have some application to this group as well.

I think they're in phase 2 or 3 and results are expected out pretty soon.

I just got a prescription for celebrex to see if it's easier on my stomach than naproxyn so I'm going to be curious to watch now and see if I notice any change in my POTS symptoms when I switch over to it. Thanks for the head's up on that. :)

It still effects my stomach if I'm taking high dosages. I am took 200mg I the morning for a long time and this seemed ok on the stomach but I recently got a flu that set me back and uped the dose to twice a day and felt great for two weeks until my stomach started to get irritated. I'm going to try 100mg twice a day and see if I get better coverage than the morning 200mg dose.

Good luck

I'm already on omaprozole, which is great because I can now drink expresso and that's my most effect vasoconstrictor! I'm thinking of adding ranitidine to help stablise the mast cell action. The allergist I saw adviced this but I found if I take h2 blockers then I get H1 symptoms. I think it's a clearance issue. But I'm on ketotifen so things are a bit more stable than when he suggested it and it might just mop up any extra histamine. Giving ranitidine and an extra H2 blocker a try this week it a try this week so we will see how we go.

I have a symposium for work in a week for the whole week and have no idea how I am going to cope. They have kindly made a room available with a bed!