Effect Of High Dose Vitamin C On Epstein-Barr Viral Infection

That's interesting. Thanks for the link! I have noticed over the last few years when I try to take vitamin C to help my bowels move, after a day or two I get soooo tired. That always makes me quit taking it. Now I wonder if maybe it is a viral die-off causing the fatigue??

Good find. Vitamin C has many benefits. We use this and L-Lysine for virus relief.

I have developed many allergies and chemical (including food and medicine) intolerances. My allergist told me not to take large doses of vitamin c as it was very possible I could react badly to it, at some point. (I had wanted to use big doses to make my bowels work -- ie to try and treat constipation with vitamin c as some pots patients were doing at the time -- this was some years ago). So, if have allergy/intolerance problems I would check first with an allergist to make sure that increasing vitamin c to large doses would be okay.

blue

I have ridiculously high EBV titers and have for 7 years. I took Valtrex to no avail. This is interesting news. For me however, I can't take high doses of vitamin C without getting hives. I have no idea why.

For those of you who have bowel problems (constipation) I take a medication that has changed my life. It's called Linzess. I have severe colonic inertia and gastroparesis. Without Linzess I was having to do a bowel prep every weekend. You may want to check with your doctors to see if this medicine can work for you.