Surgery On Tuesday At 7:30 Am

You guys are the BEST! Thank you for all the amazingly kind and healing and supportive thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot.

An update. .... Dr. H called me tonight to talk after reviewing my recent upright mri. Compared to the one from November, C3-4 has now deteriorated to be as bad as C4-5. It's not a great predicted outcome to try to do all 4 levels at the same time, so we are planning on only doing C3-4 & C4-5 tomorrow. I did give him permission to do more if he gets in there and there is a bigger safety concern in not doing the other two levels than there is in holding off. If we have to do the other 2 levels in the same surgery it would increase my chance to 50% that one of the fusions would not take. He says he would much prefer to do the worst now and then do the other 2 at a later date if/when we have to. Doing 2 now and 2 later makes things much safer and more likely to heal properly. I don't think it really changes too much for me as far as tomorrow goes. It does mean an increased chance I'll be having a second surgery in the future. Oh, and he also said from a symptoms standpoint, that theses 2 levels are likely causing me the most problems so we will hopefully be addressing the area of greatest concern all around.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying for you and hope all goes well today. Relax and rest! Wishing for a speedy recovery and post when you feei up to it.

Healing prayers, Katybug!! I knew the Great Physician was there in the midst of your surgery...no worries. Since this one went so well, you won't have as much apprehension the second time around. He is with you wherever you go!!

Glad you made it through! I hope you recover easily and find that the surgery has improved your symptoms!

Great to hear how well you are doing. Here's to continued improvement.

Update. ...Still progressing well. Was able to walk with my friend who came over to walk the dog. I put my neck brace on for the walk. We walked for about 15 minutes. I think it was about 80 degrees and I didn't feel like I was going to die from the heat. I'm wondering if it could even be possible that my temp regulation issues might be better. I haven't been having crazy temp fluctuations in the house either. I have been a bit POTSie. Not surprising since I was doing nothing for several days.

Well, Katie, it could be that neck issues are related to the temp issues. I have kept up with the MS research where they say that opening up the curvy veins in the neck clears up their dysautonomia issues...with heat intolerance being a major one cleared up! Some MS patients have been claiming this for a few years. (Of course, some researchers say it does not clear up MS, but patients say it clears up the symptoms). So, who knows??? I'm glad you're finding the benefit.