Tips For Staying Cool During The Summer

My last post got me thinking that we should make a really long post filled with tips for staying cool in different situations this summer. I don't know about you but the heat is already killing me.

IN THE CAR

- If you have one of those automatic car starters you are so lucky and I'm so jealous of you. For the rest of us, turn the air conditioning on 5 minutes before you get in the car. It's worth it. Being in a hot car in the summer is the worst.

- Those things that block the windows and keep the car from getting too hot.

IN GENERAL

- Drink lots of fluids.

- A cooling vest

- Popsicle's (okay I just think they're tasty and want an excuse to eat Popsicle's)

- Dress appropriately for the weather.

- A hat with a visor or an umbrella attached to your wheel chair for days outside might keep some of the sun away

That's all of the tips I can think of off the top of my head, but add your tips and let's not let the heat keep us down this summer.

Great tips...thank you!

I use a cooling vest and also dip burning feet in cool water and that helps a lot. I also have Del Monte Pineapple ice lollies in the fridge and they have no additives in them and taste divine.

I also have a hand-held fan... I put the blind down on the side of the house when the morning sun hits and do the other side when it travels round to the front of the house. I also have a plain spray bottle and spritz myself with it when I get too hot.

Like you say plenty of salt and water.

Have fun in the sun!