Quick. Going To The Carnival Tomorrow And I Need All Of The Tips I Can Get To Survive It.

Last September (a month before my official dysautonomia diagnosis but when I was still really sick) I went to the fair and it was ****. I felt like I was gonna die. I wore shorts and a tank but it was so hot and my body wasn't regulating temperature correctly and I felt soo sick. On top of that I was doing A LOT of walking around in the heat since I hadn't accepted using a wheelchair at this point. We went home a lot earlier than we planned and I only rode a few rides but the walk back to the car was so long and terrible I wanted to cry because I felt so sick. Going on the rides made me feel even worse although I think I would have been okay if I kept cool and was able to sit in a wheelchair right after.

Things are a lot different now. I know what is going on. I have a wheelchair now so I can use a wheelchair to get around the carnival. I'm going to wear shorts and a tank too. Can you think of other things to keep me cool? Do those little fans that spray water really help? I will be drinking plenty of cold water also. Please give me all of the tips you can to survive the fair and to stay cool. Anything to help vertigo on rides? Again, that might not happen this year because I think that was all made way worse because of how hot I was (it was like 110 that day and I was not sweating and my face was a tomato and it was awful) and the amount of walking I had to do. I'm mainly interested in all of your ways to keep cool while in the hot sun at one of these events. If you have any other tips to survive the fair/carnival I would love to hear it though. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Sorry guys it's June 23rd. My scatterbrained husband got the date wrong. I would still love to hear your suggestions for when it comes though so I have plenty of time to be super prepared. I'm trying to find a way to enjoy things I use to love but now need a lot of modifications for.

For the vertigo you can try wearing those wrist bands that people wear for motion sickness. I think they are called seabands. its like a pressure point bracelet thing. and to keep cool maybe try putting an ice cube or a cold wet papertowel or washcloths on either your wrists temple or neck. I went to a boarding school and the one staff said putting a cold paper towel or run water on your wrists or put cold washcloth orsomething on your temples and it will cool you off. or if you want to try putting your feet on an icepack that will cool you right off.

I just bought a cooling vest and I love it! It has pockets that you put cold packs in all over it. It has really helped me. I went on a motorcycle ride today with my hubby and the vest lasted for a good 3-4 hours keeping me cool. It seems to help me to keep my core area cool as I also don't sweat enough. (anhydrosis on arms and legs, hypohydrosis on core) . Got mine on amazon. I am going to go to a zoo with my family soon and I am also going to use a wheelchair. I am nervous though that I am going to get emotional because it will be the first time I will be using one. Ugh.

Loving the ideas guys! Thank you. I'm thinking of putting an umbrella on my wheelchair to keep the sun out of my face but figured that would be obnoxious. I'll still probably do it though lol. I actually have some of those wrist bands! I will give it a try thank you. I like the idea of putting some wet paper towels or cloths on too that way I can keep re-wetting it to make sure it stays cool. I love the cooling vest idea too and just looked it up and found one for 27$ :) There's also a cooling beanie. I'm really excited now guys. I don't care how dorky I look. It seems like I'm actually going to enjoy it this time. The state fair is in September too and if this works out I can try the state fair again :)