Systemic Burning Sensations

Darlene

wednesday i was in adrian w/ my daughter. i ate a sandwhich at wendys (bad food i know), then went to walmart. when i got out of the car i felt like i wasn't getting enough oxygen, but the air felt thick that day. once i got inside i felt this systemic burning sensation in my body. we left, and i wasn't feeling right and just felt like i couldn't get enough oxygen. i went to the hospital in adrian (not my hospital). my bp was 110/47. my pulse ox was 100 and no oxygen was given, but i sure wish they could do something so i don't feel like i m not getting enough oxygen (horrible feeling). they did no blood work, ekg, or any tests. just gave me an IV (1 L saline), and sent me home. when i left my bp was 118/50. i still wasn't feeling good, and havent felt good good that day. just a few minutes ago i was feeling lightheaded, i checked my bp and it was 104/73 (took 2 thermotabs today). oh, during these episodes i can feel my bowel and bladder contracting, then i will go number 1 and 2 several times during an episode (diarrhea). i wish i knew what caused the bowel and bladder contractions and the need to go to the bathroom several times during an episode. my mouth will also shake, like a person does when they go out in the cold and i have this horrible feeling inside my body (like my blood is poisoned). and the burning sensation like my blood vessel are on fire, wish i knew what that was to. i don't know how much longer i can feel this way.

Hi Northerndarlene,

It almost sounds like you had a mast cell reaction to the food. See symptoms here: http://www.mastocytosis.ca/signs.htm. The same website also has information on the low-histamine diet. Since I am not a doctor, I would ask yours about whether it really is a mast cell reaction.

Hope you feel better.

That sounds diet-related and that's why gluten and other foods should be avoided. Are GI tracts are so sensitive to foods etc and you can have a massive nervous system reaction. All my worst symptoms are related to my gut. If foods upset me, if I need the loo or if I am stressed it all effects the bowel and sends everything into chaos. You may need to go on an elimination diet to see if it's anything you eat. If it continues you must see your doctor again.