Those With Mediport For Iv Therapy...

Becia

Can someone walk me through how you came to have yours, and how you got into Iv therapy? I meet with a vascular surgeon in regards of one on the 2nd, and my gp and I both think this is a big step in the right direction, especially with the summer and the fact I cannot regulate my temperature, and stay hydrated in this heat on top of the usual struggle with it. While my stomach has been calmer later, any day I try to drink the recommended amount for me, it leads to throwing up, swallowing issues with anything not liquified, and just general more "blah" for me.

Usually I have to end up in the er for a liter once or twice a week, so I'm cautiously excited to be doing this at home now after it's all said and done. I feel so much better after a treatment. When I was in the hospital for a few days, I was able to stand and walk a bit before I got too symptomatic, so it felt like just that much made such a difference. I'm ready for that feeling again.

I'm just curious of how others do this, either port, or PICC line, and how the procedures went to insert these, and the access to them for your therapy. I made the mistake of watching a YouTube video of in plantation, and went "YIKES!"