Any Suggestions For Stomach Acid?

I had a 3 day abdominal migraine. It is otherwise cleared up but my stomach literally feels like I am regularly consuming hydrochloric acid. (Yes, I know that's what stomach acid is.) But this feels like I'm getting the extra strong version. I am already on high dose cimetidine 3x/day. Nexium and prilosec stopped working long ago. Antacids are not helping. Neither is phenergan or bendryl. Drinking semi-flat Coke helps a little as does eating crackers. I can't do ginger, ginger ale, or mint of any kind as it makes it worse. Plain yogurt hasn't helped. I looked at old threads but didn't see anything. Does anyone have a trick up their sleeve for this? It gets much worse when I try to go to sleep at night even though I'm propped up on a 10 inch wedge pillow with 2 more pillows on top of that. It is preventing me from falling asleep at a decent hour.

I had it bad for a while and read that apple cider vinegar and or baking soda can help. Sometimes it did and other times it didn't. Small bland meals, a diet of sort of white foods- potatoes, rice, applesauce, white bread didn't aggravate it.

My internist tells me that people with Gerd or heartburn don't have enough stomach acid. He has his patients with Gerd do a test called Betaine HCL test to determine if that is their problem. I'm supposed to do this test before seeing dr again. Have you done this test?

I've never found anything that helped symptoms once HB started. Most things such as ACV made me worse. Hope you're much better by now.

Thanks everyone. I am better now. When my doc told me to take some aspirin for brain fog from mast cell issues, my stomach cleared up too. So, now we're thinking it was a mast cell problem, which often causes gi tract issues, not an abdominal migraine. Clearly aspirin is cou ter-intuitive but I'll take it. I only took it for 3 days and then I was fine.

Glad you feel better. It is so interesting to read all the tips. When I have acid I don't feel like eating much. I feel better with things that soak it up - like bread, noodles and white rice or very bland things like poached chicken breast. Ginger ale helps. I take Gas-X and Gaviscon, which is a chewable med that coats your esophagus and relieves the pressure/irrtiation up to your throat. I can't tolerate any complex foods or dairy. We all have different things that make us feel better!