Are Knee-High Compression Socks Affective?

Hey, everyone! I was wondering if anyone had experience with knee-high compression stockings/socks. I am very intolerant to heat, and am worried about wearing my compression stockings during the summer. I have thigh-high currently, but I was interested in trying out some knee-high socks. For one thing, they tend to be cheaper. I am also hoping they won't be as hot for the warmer days ahead. And have you seen some of the patterns they come in?! So cool!

So I was just hoping to see if anyone has tried out knee-high stockings, and whether you thought they were worth it before I go ahead and order a pair. Thanks for your insight!

I get bad pooling in my feet and lower legs, and I tried knee highs. They seemed to help my feet, but the blood started pooling in my knees and thighs instead, so they probably didn't really help overall. That said, I'm sure it's going to be different for everyone, so there's no harm in trying! I love the fact that the knee highs come in loads of different patterns as well, I wonder why those companies don't do thigh highs too, I'd definitely be buying from them! :)

I have knee highs at the moment because I didn't have $65 to shell out for the waist highs my doctor wants me to try. Now that I have insurance, I might have a chance of having that covered now, just haven't been able to get a ride by the shop to pick them up. As for helping, I wear them because its better than nothing, if that makes sense, but I'm not totally convinced. I still pass out, I still have pooling, and I can tell my feet and such are still very swollen by the end of a day that my feet are on the ground a lot. I'm hoping to get some stronger ones in the future, and some toeless ones, because I love to wear my flip flops out of ease, and the only ones I have right now are closed toed. I did get some toeless from the hospital when I was in there last, but they are not very high compression.

Thanks guys! I found several on Amazon that have some pretty funky patterns. Just search up Knee-High Compression Socks. There are quite a few from a company called Celeste Stein. They have some really awesome ones. You can look through their patterns here- http://www.amazon.com/Celeste-Stein-Therapeutic-Compression-Socks/dp/B00CPO59DW/ref=pd_sim_a_12?ie=UTF8&refRID=1D1RZBC7FH2EM9DP6WR4 I am thinking about purchasing a pair. They are on sale right now, and I guess if I am going to try one out, I might as well do it while they're cheaper, huh? Another brand that has several is Sockwell.

Thanks, the patterns are great! The compression is low but better than none. One thing, as kjay said, fit is key, and one size can be ok if you have average foot size, ankle and calf width. Personally I have very slim ankles and calves and so some of these one size are like wearing normal socks to me.

Also for UK people, I've found that ordering in from US carries a hefty import tax, something I didn't realize before. I've ordered some from www.butik21.co.uk, some of the (sadly plain) styles come in slim calf sizes. There is also butik.21.com for non UK customers.

My neurologist said not to wear knee high because they can compress the nerves by your knees but I have small fiber neuropathy. I haven't tried thigh high but I have waist high. It's a workout getting them on and are on the thicker side, I could wear them as leggings but they do help me. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do in the summer. I'm always cold but can't tolerate heat.

I did not find them to be effective. If you think about it, they don't cover a big part of your leg where pooling can occur. Thigh high work much better for me. If my stomach could handle it, I'd wear the waist high, as those are the strongest,