The Baby Is Here!

We welcomed our little baby boy into the world last week. For those of you who know me I was very nervous about delivering with my Pots. I delivered at 37 weeks. I went into labor before the induction date. The delivery was super fast, but resulted in an emergency c section due to non Pots related reasons. Both the baby and I are fine. I am recovering from the c section. My heart rate does not seem to be an issue anymore, hooray! But I do think my other Pots symptoms are in full swing. So my question is, can Pots symptoms exist without rapid heart rate? Or is it all dependent on HR?

I am trying to figure out if the symptoms I am having are related to my c section recovery, the meds I am taking for my c section, or Pots. Here are the symptoms I'm having: brain fog, dizziness (sometimes it feels like I'm floating), constant head ache (going on 3 days) the shakes, plus all the stomach ache/pain.

Everyone was so positive Pots was going to disappear once the baby was born. I would love that to be my reality.

P.S. Writing this with complete lack of concentration, hopefully it makes sense.

Congrats on your new precious baby. :) So happy to hear that everything went well for both of you.

It's been a common sentiment on here that frequently people find that their HR and BP readings don't reflect how they are feeling overall with their other symptoms. I think with Dysautonomia that you can certainly still have a lot of other symptoms even if the HR isn't going up so high.

Since you have been on bed rest for so long it will be interesting to see if some of this clears up once you have more time to recover slowly and your body begins to recuperate from all the physiological stress it's been under for the past many months and now the added stress of surgery and anesthesia on top of it all. Hopefully that will be the case and this will all just be a bad memory for you. Would be nice if that could happen so you could get on with your life and raising your children.

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Congratulations to you on the arrival of your new dear little baby.x

So happy for you and the Baby! Take care of yourself and take a nap when he does. Keep us posted.

Congratulations! Glad all is well. My biggest problem post partum was extreme weakness and exhaustion. Even small efforts would wear me out. I could not stand for longer than a few minutes at a time, for a few months. I continued to have just as high a heart rate as I had during pregnancy, on standing. But I was even sicker in terms of weakness, dizziness/vertigo, brain fog. I also had episodes of uncontrolled shaking. I was not diagnosed either so was not treating my symptoms in any way. I got progressively worse, not better, until diagnosed finally when my baby was about 4 months old. (Up until that time I was told I was depressed or that my symptoms were normal for someone who had experienced traumatic blood loss). I was also breastfeeding during this time--out of sheer will. I stopped breastfeeding at 4 months to try meds (once finally diagnosed). I slowly got better. I was able to return to work about 6 months later.

Everyone seems to be different. This is my experience.

Hope you feel better soon, but you may need to be patient, or try some different treatments, if you are not improving.

Aww, congratulations - so happy for you! I think it's too soon for you to assess symptoms, as your body isn't back in its natural state yet. I agree with Chaos about the bedrest, physiological stress, surgery, anesthesia probably influencing things, plus it will take some time for your hormone levels to go back to normal. Hoping you will see improvement over time. Enjoy your precious baby. :)

I also want to say... if you feel unusually bad, new symptoms, things just feel really not right or abnormal for you, maybe call the Doctor. Just to make sure there is nothing really serious going on. With my second child, I went home and had a lot of bleeding that wasn't getting better. It ended up being a complication that needed to be taken care of. I'm sure you're fine, but would just keep the Doctor posted and let him/her make that call.

You made it! Congratulations. Just want to let you know that it is normal to have exhaustion and brain fog post partum. I am less sure about the headache and shakiness, maybe ask your doctor about those. It took me several months to fully recover from delivery. Your body has to adjust to different hormone levels and your blood volume drops. Enjoy your baby boy!