Cervical Lordosis Mild Reversal

Raisin

Question please....I had an MRI last year which was normal but noted mild reversal of the cervical lordosis. They also checked the spinal fluid on the MRI which was ok. These were laying down of course. I am unsure and searching but I am wondering if I have an upright MRI, would they see a possible chiaari malformation and/or a difference in the spinal fluid flow or pressure? I have ataxia when upright for awhile and feel like maybe something is being compressed or blocked? I also have hypovolemia so what if there isn't enough blood which now makes the symptoms more prevalent. Searching....anyone have input?

An upright mri is the gold standard these days for identifying a chiari malformation. It may also show a place that is potentially cutting off CSF flow if there are abnormal structures such as a chiari. The only way to determine if there is a problem with spinal fluid pressure is to do a lumbar puncture where they measure the pressure as part of the procedure.