Angina

andybonse

Hello,

Does anyone here get angina upright, but normal coronary arteries and heart?

My heart is perfect, im 22 and never been in bad shape until pots, when i get warm or my heart goes too fast I get angina due to lack of blood to the heart from the upright posture.

I think my disatolic blood pressure is too low when my heart starts to pump faster and harder to keep blood up when hot the systolic gets a lot higher but disatolic stays lower suggesting the lack of blood flow.

It *****, so really no treatment i dont think as nitro would drop bp even more, I think its a case of cooling off and laying down,

I can exercise at 170 bpm laid down no chest pain, but upright at 130 ill get chest pain.

I think this is pretty common in POTS patients. If you do a search here, I know we've had lots of conversations about chest pain. I think most people don't use the technical term, angina, but we've definitely broached the subject. I can experience it both upright and supine but I have it more often upright.

I get chest pain very frequently, most of the time I don't know what causes it. Sometimes, it's musculoskeletal. I know that I've had multiple dislocated ribs, which obviously results in pain. But I also get pain that seems to have no cause- and it can come in both supine and standing positions. My heart, too, is in sound condition based on multiple ECGs and an Echo.