Paleo Or Gluten Free For Migraines? Has It Helped Anyone?

LMG

I am on day five of a headache. I have cut out so many so called trigger foods but still get a three day one every two weeks. It is almost like a schedule....it comes , finally goes and then returns again. :(

I have not cut out breads or grains so I am thinking this is my next attempt. Anyone feel they got any relief?
Any suggestions or maybe ideas how long it will take until I know something?

Thanks....wanting some relief!!!

I can't speak to paleo, but I've been gluten free for 4 or 5 years. I rarely get migraines any longer. I used to have migraines and "headaches". I only know the difference really beacause of visual auras. I used to see sideways lightning strikes.

I know it seems daunting but I cannot recomend gluten free enough. It's helped me immensely.

I'm currently in the hospital for a migraine I couldn't get under control, and the effect it was taking on everything (couldn't hydrate, couldn't eat, extreme sensitivity). There are a few food triggers that I avoid, but it still end up with them, gluten free or not. I'm just wishing I could avoid them from getting so bad to this point. I have a three day window of fighting them, after three days or when I start seizing from them, it's off to the hospital for me. Sometimes I stay, sometimes it's fluids, a shot of demoral and on my way. Either way, it's not a way to live.

I've been gluten free for almost 2 years, but it did nothing for my migraines. I know some of my triggers are: sugar, red wine, going out in the sun and strong scents, like perfumes and household chemicals. I'm trying to avoid those whenever possible, but still get migraines 4-5 times a month. I was also told in Mayo autonomic clinic that migraines can be the cause for some of my episodes, so definitely worth finding the triggers. I might try low histamine diet next.