Dizzy And Palpitations When First Lying Down

Machair

Do You Get Dizzy And Or Have Palpitations For A Few Minutes When Lying Down At Night?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many people experience dizzy spells and palpitations for a few minutes after they go to bed to sleep at night?

I have this on days when I have been upright too long - it is literally within a few moments of reclining.

I know this is an illness related to difficulty remaining upright, but for me anyway an additional symptom seems to be there when going from standing to lying down for the night.

Has anyone been given an explanation for this?

I used to. For most of my teen years I would get dizzy and I would not be able to lay flat on my back and it was so difficult to get mri's. But it seems like this year I don't have that problem anymore. we think when I went off my celexa then that might have helped. I really don't know what made it go away.

Also how do we make polls?

I get the palpitations a few minutes after I lie down but not every night as I used to. I wake frequently during the night and along with sweating and feeling hot I will also have more palpitations at least once.

I answered no to dizziness. If I try to lie flat on my back with no pillow or a small pillow under my head I get dizzy. But I've adjusted things so I sleep on my side and with a heap of pillows under my head and upper back. (Someone else on the forum does this and referred to it as her 'mountain of pillows'). When having any tests that mean I have to lie on my back, or when seeing the physio, I request a couple of their pillows or I'm going to feel dizzy and ill almost immediately.