Can Allergies Aggravate Symptoms?

artluvr09

I suffer from allergies. I take zrytec everyday so it doesn't bother me much. But this week and last I have been coughing not so much today though. I have been very tired no energy and my eyes have been burning as well. I have been feeling really odd this week. Maybe because Monday night I got no sleep at all ? Ever since I didn't sleep even for 1 minute on Monday night I have been feeling blah. Just very tired. I fell asleep Tuesday around 11 pm and last night I fell asleep around 11:30 but woke up around 1 am because I was hot and sweating and had a nightmare. Today I feel very tired as well. I don't know what from because I slept last night and the night before.

Also the strange thing is just a little bit ago I went to write on paper and I felt like I couldn't see right like the words were floaty not off the paper floaty just like my eyes couldn't focus on the writing. I mean I don't get vision problems but I only get them before a migraine. I don't think I am getting a migraine though because I can see fine with everything else and nothing is going numb. I don't know what it could be. And another thing that keeps happening is my cheeks get flushed for no reason even when I am cold. the one cheek was really red last night and it is some today.

Have any of you have any of these symptoms?

Given the evidence that seems to indicate that POTS may have an autoimmune component for some patients, then theoretically anything that aggravates the immune system, like allergies, could make POTS worse. I know I always seem to have more symptoms during my worst allergy seasons in the spring and fall.

Absolutely yes! I was so much sicker with undiagnosed allegies. Histamine is a vasodilator. I'm sure other factors come into play, but allegies make my dysautonomia much worse.

I hope you feel better soon. Some people do well with Claritin and Zyrtec. I also use a saline rinse and a nose spray. Spring in the northeast is beautiful but hard when you have allegies.