Waking With Tachycardia

friday7

HI. I am so mad because I just saw the cardiologist yesterday, but today I noticed for the first time that I've been waking with a tachycardia. I saw have been because for the past few months I keep waking very upset. Sometimes I have nightmares, which I usually do not get.

I know people say immediately it's anxiety. But I'm not sure about that and here's why.

I do have an anxiety disorder. I have for most of my life. But I have not felt more pressure or anxiety in my everyday life. Except for the waking up upset. I see a therapist and am pretty aware of signs that I'm under extra stress. Nothing has really been different lately, except when I sleep. However some nights I don't even have upsetting dreams. today for instance I remember my dream as I woke up in the middle of one. It wasn't particularly upsetting. In fact I felt better when I was sleeping then when I woke up. When I woke I was then upset immediately and my noticed my heart pounding. It just doesn't make sense that I wasn't upset while I was sleeping yet I woke to a pounding heart. I'm starting to wonder if that woke me up.

I just wonder if it has anything to do with POTS. I know I have a standing tachycardia..could somehow I be getting a resting Tachycardia while I'm sleeping?

I also woke with gas in my chest. Right now I just want to burp to relive it.

The only difference in my sleeping habits is I've been sleeping with less pillows. I used to sleep on pillow mountain, as I called it, but lately I have been sleeping with only two or three pillows. Compared to pillow mountain, That about 3 or 4 less than usual. Could the resting tachycardia have to do with that?

My BP is okay. In fact it's been lower than normal since I ran out of salt tabs last month and had to cut them down a little to get through the month. Last time I had my pressure taken it was 111/80 which is a little low for me but I am now taking my normal salt amount.

I'm going to have to make an appointment with the doc but I don't know when I am going to see her because like I said I just saw her and I usually only go every 4 months or so.

I figured I'd ask about it here since I do know a lot of the weird symptoms I get are as a result of POTS. And like I said I never had trouble with nightmares or anything at night with all my years of anxiety. Actually I've had pretty nice dreams even when upset or depressed. So rest was always a good thing. It got me away from the every day problems and gave me pleasant experiences even when I was the most stressed.

This sleeping thing is new..and it just doesn't make sense how I woke with a tachycardia when I remember what I was dreaming about prior to waking and it was not really upsetting.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Hi, yep I get tachycardia when I sleeping and it will wake me up. I don't get it all the time and I don't suffer from anxiety, it's just a POTS thing. There was another post on this topic recently where some other people also confirm they have this issue. Some people take a low dose beta blocker to help with it, I sometimes take a nighttime dose of Mestinon, which calms the tachycardia.

Hi, yep I get tachycardia when I sleeping and it will wake me up. I don't get it all the time and I don't suffer from anxiety, it's just a POTS thing. There was another post on this topic recently where some other people also confirm they have this issue. Some people take a low dose beta blocker to help with it, I sometimes take a nighttime dose of Mestinon, which calms the tachycardia.

Thanks. I don't take Mestinon but perhaps I can try a low beta blocker. I'll ask my doc thanks.