Hyper Pots

kgbreb

I am a 50 year old former triathlete that was diagnosed with post viral hyper POTS about a year ago. I am trying to find out if a SNRI will reduce the level of adrenaline in my system. It seems that Mayo and Vanderbilt have different opinions. Has anyone with hyper POTS tried a SNRI like Venlafaxine?

I can say that I was put on cymbalta, it has helped.....How much I can't tell you for sure. I am on florinef and propranolol as well as tecta.....

My bp is still low (not so low,to have me passing out) But I haven't seen it go past 112/89. And my hr is still a wonder. With the meds I'm on, my resting is 63-76 and I sit or stand it jumps to 116+ I climbed the stairs with a laundry basket and I was sweating profusely and red and splotchy and my hr was 204....

So all to be said. I don't know. I do still wake up with the rushes of adrenaline somenights, even through my sleep meds..

But as you may notbe aware of, what works for one of us may not work for you and vice versa.

Love and luck with your journey.

Hi and welcome. I've not heard of this medication but hopefully some others on the forum will be able to help you.

A beta blocker has been the most effective for me for blocking adrenalin.

I made out ok on cymbalta but it wasn't prescribed for pots. It was for fibro pain. I tried Wellbutrin and would never take it again. Sorry I can't help on the Effexor. I do suggest that if you try one of these drugs to start out at the lowest possible dose.

A beta blocker (atenolol) had worked well for me but I fear the dosage is losing it's effectiveness. Your theory makes sense so if you convince your MD to try it let me know how it works! I also take a benzo (klonopine) in a low dose prn at night when symptoms such as a pounding heart will not allow me to rest.