5 Minute Ttt At Mayo

Does anyone know of a good dr in the Atlanta area?

Thanks!!

Check out this link http://www.healthgrades.com/provider/john-dercola-2vvls. John is a PA but he has extensive experience with POTS and dysautonomia patients and being a PA he spends more time with patients than the Dr's. He's GREAT if you can get in. You would probably have to see a Dr on the first visit but when you call to ask if you can set up an appt. make sure you let them know that you want to ultimately work with John because you've heard that he has experience with POTS.

Best of luck to you!

I would try to do it again. My ttt lasted 60 seconds only because I failed so spectacularly in the first 30 (my heart rate shot up to 170 and I almost passed out, plus it felt like all of the blood in my whole body was trying to exit through my feet) but they needed an additional 30 seconds to get my blood pressure reading. But, I was not allowed any medication or caffeine for several days prior to the test and was not allowed to even drink water for the 12 hours prior. Drinking caffeine and water prior to your test may have affected yoru results. I also had a stress echocardiogram (sp?) right before the test and the nurse and I realized that I would probably fail the ttt test because as soon as they hooked me up to the monitors and then had me get up from lying down to walk over and sit in a chair my heart rate and blood pressure rose quite a bit. This was even before the test officially started.

thanks all! another quick question, are you charged for each TTT? it sounds like its common to get multiple tests and i have to pay 300 dollars each time AND my deductible is high......if i am going to have to pay this much, the ttt better be 10 minutes!!

My insurance actually didn't pay any of my TTT. Which I found odd, but didn't care because I was so tired of not having answers. It was really expensive too...

My insurance would only pay if the test was being ordered for syncope. I had never passed out at the time, but I was blacking out nearly every time I stood up - my GP initially put presyncope on the prescription and it got kicked backed by insurance. Presyncope wasn't a valid diagnostic code, apparently. Thankfully, my doc didn't have a problem with switching it to syncope and my new-at-the-time POTS neuro used the test to confirm my diagnosis. But the right diagnostic code may be the difference between insurance covering it or not.