What next

:( Well, my son got sick on Saturday. A GI bleed. I can't believe the last two months. No way was I going to leave him in the hospital by himself, so needless to say I have been getting about 2 hours of sleep a night. They also found that his prostate is very enlarged. On a 23 year old.... :o I just don't believe it. He got home at 9 o'clock last night and we all just went straight to bed, even him and he's a night owl. The ER was really wonderful with him, but his care on the floor was soooo awful, I'm ashamed to be a nurse, even though I'm not anymore. He got about 1/2 the meds he was supposed to. His IV infiltrated and so they just decided not to restart it, and told me it was the doctor's order. When he came in, he wanted to know why his IV wasn't running. They just flat out lied to us!!!!! :angry: That face isn't mad enough for how I feel. He got 4000 cc's before he voided, and then it was only 200cc's. Good grief. I have to go and get him to the doctor, but please keep him in your thoughts. I just can't believe my life lately, it's like some sick soap opera and I am soooo fried i can barely function. I almost had my first syncopal episode yesterday and prayed it wouldn't be while I was in the hospital!!!!! morgan

Hi Morgan,

I usually don't say anything because you get so much support from everyone on the board, but wanted to let you know that I do keep up with your story and I am so sorry for what is happening. It seems like everything is going wrong at once. Not only are you in my thoughts, but prayers as well, hope things are better soon.

Ann

Ditto what Ann said, Morgan. I'm sharing your struggles from afar and wishing there were some way to help lighten your load. It's a lot you're carrying right now. Wishing you a better day today--and tomorrow and the day after that. Take things one day, one hour, one minute at a time. It's all you can do.

Best,

merrill

Morgan, when it rains, it pours but seems more like a monsoon season hanging over you and your family. I am so sorry for this latest hospital nightmare. I hope that your son is doing better and I hope you will be able to get the rest I know you must need at this point. always keeping you in my thoughts. wish we all lived closer to help out.

I am so sorry Morgan, I hope he is doing better now. I ditto what everyone else says, especially if you or another family member can note his treatment care with an advocate. Everyone should be treated with respect and truthfulness. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts.

Morgan,

I will keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers. He certainly has to deal with so much at a young age. :o But it's great that he's got you for support.

Maybe you've just been experiencing all the bad stuff that was going to happen in the next few years all condensed into just a few short months so hopefully you've got a long time of smooth sailing ahead of you. :( (okay it's just a theory, but I'm stickin with it! ) :angry:

Remember to take care of yourself during this stressful time. Here's hoping the sun will shine on you soon.

Gena

Miriam's right - find the patient advocate. If they have none, the hospital board of administrators will fing your story very interesting.

Remember to take care of yourself during this stressful time. Here's hoping the sun will shine on you soon.

What she said. :angry:

Hi, Thanks all for your replies. I had a huge meneires attack last night and am really ditzy this morning from being sick all night. At least my body waited till we got home. I now remember why I stopped meclizine. The valium doesn't give me near the side effects of the meclizine and it's over the counter!

Anyway, Jake's doctor wanted to draw some blood on him, but he looks and feels like a pincushion. He's going to draw thyroid tests and he needs to figure out why a 23 year old man is more anemic than most women. They did biopsies of his gut and bowel, so have to put off a small bowel follow through for a bit. They will do the camera type, where he swallows a camera, and it takes pics all the way through his intestines. Then he just poos it out. He has tried the barium 3 times and thrown it up within 10 minutes, so it doesn't get very far.

He also put him on strattera, because he's always had a hard time concentrating. He was diagnosed with ADD a long time ago, but no hyperactivity with it. So we kind of ignored it. Shame on us I guess, but no one ever explained it very well. We will start that this week end to see how he does, One more pill among thousands I guess. He has a follow up with the GI doc on the 31st, so will be setting up motility tests, (gross I know, But he threw up stuff that had been in his stomach for 2 DAYS B) ) and the small bowel follow through. We really need to find out why he's so anemic, because he is so fatigued with it.

Then he'll have another MRI of the 2 tumors in his leg. This is so hard on him and it's really killing me. I get my esophagus stretched this month and will be able to eat again for a short period, so maybe that will help. I am choking on everything, so the stenosis must be high up there, proximal as opposed to end of it.

Anyway, Just wanted you guys to know how much I appreciate you all and your support. I will keep you udated as I know stuff, but I am having such a huge crash, I feel like I need to crawl to get anywhere. This is awful. Thanks again, morgan

Poor Morgan! All I can think of is the saying "when it rains, it pours." Holy moly.

I am thinking of you, your son, your family in general ... hang in there and please try to find a way to not have a nervous breakdown. (I have mentioned this several times, but just in case you've missed it, I highly recommend renting either "Seinfeld" on DVD, or if you've already seen all of those, "Curb Your Enthusiasm." They are the only shows that make me laugh my %$! off and help to release the pent-up stress.

Amy