In a hole

I just need to vent for a few minutes.. I feel like I have an internal vaccum cleaner in me and every few weeks the switch gets turned on and it ***** the life right out of me....... Or like I'm a wet rag doll who was dropped from an airplane on to the freeway.......This *****. For a few weeks I feel like I am on top of the world (no symptoms, no nausea, some headaches) and I always start feeling hope that maybe this recovery is the real thing and I can put it all behind me. Than out of the Blue I fall into a hole. That's hard to deal with. I can't make any plans for the future weeks because I don't know if I will be me or ZOMBIE DAYNA. I hate having my life put on hold.

Okay at least this time (first time ever) I was realistic and new I was going to eventually have to give up "superwomen" and go back to couch potatoe and wait it out. So basically I physically crashed but not emotionally... That's HUGE for me. All the other times it was like realizing I'm sick over and over again. But now I realize I just have to relax and wait it out and start the whole cycle over again.

Does anyone know what our triggers are? I can not figure them out. I know I'm going to crash when my contacts feel blurry, I get a dry spot on my lip, I get cranky and my nausea starts. So I figured out the signs but not the triggers. Oh well I'll just ride the roller coaster of dysautomia. They should name a rollercoaster after us. That sounds fearfull........Come aboard the Dysautomia and hold on for the ride of your life!!!!!!!!!!

Enough babbling thanks for listening in on my pitty party :D

Dayna :huh:

Dayna

Sorry you are feeling crappy again/back on the rollercoaster. I think that is a great analogy b/c one definitely feels out of control of many things when you feel that unwell. And all you CAN do is to ride it out and believe you will be able to get off.

POTS is commonly cyclical. Some people can identify triggers, but not everyone can. For some women flare up of symptoms seems to coincide with monthly hormonal fluctuations.

Do you try to increase fluids and salt during the crappy days/weeks? I find that is one pretty quick fix on days that I am not doing as well.

Hope the ride isn't too bumpy and you can get off soon.

Katherine

I also experience a worsening of symptoms during those monthly hormonal fluctuations--ovulation and pre-menses are the worst for me. It doesn't matter what I do to try to make myself feel beter. It is good that you have come to accept that sometimes you will feel worse than other, because worrying about it only makes things worse. I have taken a tiny bit of Xanax during those times (1/4 pill) and it helps a little. Martha

Jersey Girl-

Now that you mention it, all my rollercoaster rides are due to hormonal fluctuations. I am on a low dose pill microgestin and right now I sould be ovulating.I thought the pill would take care of my ups and downs. I guess I need a stronger pill. Isn't there something we can do to regulate it so our bodies don't get so out of wack due to hormonal changes? Have you ever seen an endocronologist?

Dayna

blackbirdsing

Microgestin 1/25 is a very low dose birthcontrol pill. I need to find something different because I still ovulate and beyond my period I have alot of break though bleeding so what's the point of taking it.

Are you more affected aroung hormonal changes too?

dayna