Anyone Else Have Times When They Cant Speak Or Think Straight?

artluvr09

For some reason this week my mind is full of brain fog. I don't know if its because spring is here with the weather change and all but it's so uncomfortable. This evening I am having trouble thinking straight and I have to think carefully before I say something. Like just now My stepdad had me call the frozen yogurt place to see when they are open until and I called and I knew what I wanted to ask but for some reason I said what guys are you time open til? It's really strange and annoying. I want to be able to think and speak clearly. I also have really bad heartburn :/

I cannot answer your question, as I have never had an issue mixing words up when speaking. BUT, this past year I have had an issue with mixing my letters up when typing. I will put all the correct letters in the word, they are just not in the correct order! I have to reread and fix everything I type up.

Happens to me all the time. I will put words in the wrong order, say a word that doesn't make any sense in the sentence instead of the word that's in my brain, I won't be able to recall a word I know, mispronouncing words I know, and recently I've also been having issues with typing the wrong word or misspelling a word in typing and not understanding that I have misspelled it. It's frustrating that I worked so hard in AP high school classes and took a minimum of 17 credits every college semester to now have these cognitive problems that put my literacy in question. ....but I just have to move on as I have no control over it.

Oh yes! Very bad for me, this symptom! I work in a coffee shop and sometimes after I've been standing for many hours I just can't for the life of me remember what button to hit on the screen, i.e. I keep having to look at what bill I'm holding in my hand because I forget (yes in like a half second!) what button to press, or when I ask 'do you want a dessert with that' sometimes I just blurt out the wrong thing, like I've said 'have a nice day' and they're not even done ordering yet! *Super embarrassing*

I have had mild incidence but the most severe happened this past Friday. Was in my car traveling from one facility which I work to another and a song I am very familiar with came in the radio. I was singing along word for word when all of a sudden my words began to slur & seconds later the lyrics escaped me altogether. Took several minutes to regain my composure.

I forget names on a daily basis, and friends and family are used to reminding me of what I was talking about. My brain just blanks out mid sentence. I went to the grocery store to buy two items last week, but as soon as I started to walk down an isle, I forgot why I was there. I just walked around the store until I finally remembered what I needed. I have even had times when I have been driving and don't recognize where I am, or forget where I am going. I have learned to stay calm until I can remember. I have to take lots of notes at work, and even then I may not remember what I meant. I used to be able to get so much done, but between the brain fog, memory issues, and fatigue, I get very little done.

Yup. And when things get really bad I slur my words a bit cos I just don't have the energy to talk normally. Things sometimes just completely escape me. Part of it for us I'd say is lack of attention. It's hard to properly absorb information or do things when your mind is distracted by not feeling well.

Yes, I have times when I cant speak. It is very frustrating at times, but I just deal with it. I need more time and patience then most people to communicate. Much of the time I feel misunderstood. To often people complete sentences for me, wanting to just get on with there busy day. People can be awfully rude, and I have been made fun of, picked on... I was bullied in school, I have been fired from jobs...

At my best I have conversations, and at my worst I cant speak at all. I was born with the problem and went to speech/language therapy as a kid. I also have trouble with spelling and grammar and use assistive communication software on my laptop to make posts, email, etc. I am thankful we live in a time when we have access to great affordable technology like smartphones and tablets.

Oh, yes! I'm having one of these days today, actually. I've been finding myself working on something and realizing halfway through, or after I finish, that what I'm doing is right, but it's for the wrong person (I work in data entry, probably not the best choice for a job...). I've also had a hard time concentrating on what people are saying. It's almost as if everyone's talking on fast forward, if that makes sense. So frustrating.

Edit: I forgot the speaking part. I, too, find myself jumbling up sentences or not being able to think of simple words like phone or cake. And forget trying to say anything more complicated than that. It just comes out as word vomit.