Pots And Restaurants/sitting Upright

smish

Hey everyone. I used to think that feeling ill in restaurants or even just at the pub was an anxiety thing but now I'm starting to think maybe it's all down to POTS (or at least exacerbated by it). I think the fact that you are generally sat very upright in restaurants for a longish period of time might be causing it. Does anyone else experience this? It's hard to explain the feeling, but when I was in the pub last week I found that after an hour or so, I found all the noise uncomfortable and generally felt overwhelmed by everything. My boyfriend and I were messing round with a heart rate app and mine was 108 after an hour of sitting which is fairly high for me.

Probably sitting in one position too long - I was just trying to sort through boxes of family recipes and I found myself about to pass out after 20 minutes or so - just from sitting up at a table in one position - I work at a computer and keep a foot rest under my desk so I can prop up my legs and feet - just so I won't pass out - sometimes, I still get dizzy and begin to act goofy - my co-workers know the drill and lean me back or shove a midodrine in my mouth....

The noise thing....when the autonomic nervous system is not working right, loud noises can cause all sorts of problems - a sudden loud noise can send my skin crawling and my heart rate will jump up rapidly for a moment then bottom out to nothing - (my pacemaker keeps me alive) - I can say that there is never a dull day with autonomic failure.....

Restaurants have many triggers - prolonged upright sitting, heat, eating large meals (I do much better grazing on small meals during the day). I also find the loud noises and bright lights irritating. Now I sit with my feet up in restaurants (probably not the most socially appropriate but makes things a lot easier for me).